Returning a General Deer Tag

Wiszard

Long Time Member
Is it possible to return a general deer tag? If so, are points lost? Is $$ refunded? Thanks.

Steve

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

WTF?

You mean to tell me I'm not making a Trip to KALI this Fall?

Do you need to speak with the UDWR on the Phone again?

>Is it possible to return a
>general deer tag? If so,
>are points lost? Is $$
>refunded? Thanks.
>
>Steve
>
>Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good
>health for granted because it
>can be gone in a
>heartbeat. Please go back and
>read the last line. This
>time really understand what it
>says.

We laugh, we cry, we love
Go hard when the going's tough
Push back, come push and shove
Knock us down, we'll get back up again and again
We are Members of the Huntin Crowd!

My son drew a unit 10 deer tag for NM and he may not be able to take more time away from football this year. IF he gets drawn, I want to know if he can turn it back in. No worries, BESS....he put in as a party with my Dad so I'd still be going with my Dad. :)

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

Yes, Utah. :) Ok...I appreciate the info. I should have thought about what he'd have going on in high school prior to putting him in for all of these hunts. Thanks for the info.

Steve

I'm no ut expert, (I'm an az resident) but I believe the only way u can surrender a tag as a party app is if the whole party surrenders as well. So your dad may not be going if sonny boys not going.

>I'm no ut expert, (I'm an
>az resident) but I believe
>the only way u can
>surrender a tag as a
>party app is if the
>whole party surrenders as well.
>So your dad may not
>be going if sonny boys
>not going.

I think that's correct. Turn in one, turn in all in a party.

When the hell was football more important than hunting? Someone has their priorities all messed up! LOL
Zeke

I bet you are correct about the party app thing. My son is going to be a freshman and I think he's worried about somebody else taking a starting spot from him. You know how that goes. When I was in high school, my hunting passion diminished a bit so I get what he is going through. I may just need to eat his tag and points and just go with my Dad and help him fill his tag. Lesson learned. :) Thanks guys...

Steve

I know you are, Zeke. I told my son that if I had the same hunting opportunities that he has when I was growing up, I'd have taken advantage of them big time.

My parents weren't able to afford out of state hunting so I grew up hunting the California public land...hot, dusty, lots of hunters and the Forest service would just close areas for no apparent reason. My son has already been to Wyoming, Nevada, Arizona and Utah to hunt. I was 20 before I got to hunt my first time in Wyoming. It was like heaven had been opened up. I couldn't believe the amount of game over there compared to where we hunted in Cali. Some kids just don't get it. :)

Steve

I think you'll decide to eat his tag and his points in order to hunt with your dad. My family NEVER puts in as a party because of such things. All separate, all the time. We end up hunting together whether or not everyone draws the tag. And with preference points, it increases the chances that our family will be in the hills every year, even if we are only there with one tag to fill.

The good news is, if he continues with playing football each fall, you can build him up another 3 preference points before he will hunt again after he graduates... That'll be pretty nice to have that first fall when he's not playing anymore.

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

I agree BR. I put him and my Dad together because my son only had 1 point and my Dad had 5 so it increased the odds of my son hunting. My Dad has shot plenty of animals, it's his grandsons turn. :) See how that works? Use the old mans points to benefit the kids. LOL. My Dad didn't care. He will be happy to go no matter what. They may not even get drawn...never know.

Steve

LAST EDITED ON May-14-15 AT 03:20PM (MST)[p]A person who has a limited-entry or once-in-a-lifetime permit and surrenders the permit to a Division office no less than 30-day before the opening day of the season listed on the permit will qualify for the refund minus the $25.00 document fee. This refund is not valid on antlerless or general permits.

All sales are final on general deer permits there are no refunds except if you meet any of the following criteria, you may apply for a refund.

1. The permittee becomes so ill or injured as to be prevented from participating in the hunt. The permit must be surrendered before the last day of the season and is accompanied by a physicians statement about the illness or injury.

2.The permittee is a member of the military, is called to active duty and is precluded from the hunt due to the active duty assignment. The permit must be surrendered within one year of the closing day of the hunt and deployment papers must be included with the permit.

3. The person to whom the permit was issued dies prior to the hunt.

If you have any further questions you may contact DWR Utah by calling 801-538-4812.

Sooooo......you're saying I should kill him?

Steve

If he draws just have him come up Fri night and hunt Sat and Sunday , drive back home Sunday night for school on Monday.
What unit.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Either Fishlake or Monroe. The issue will be missing a football game. I will have to wait to see for sure what he drew. We got a CC hit for $393 so I think he drew.

Drive up after the game on FRIDAY NIGHT, WE would get in there about 2 AM and be ready to roll at 5:30 on the hunt.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Driving up after the game is a solution, as is simply missing the game and the following week's practice to go on the hunt. I realize the coaches do not want to hear this and may rain down a hail of verbal rebuke, followed with some extra PT and reduced playing time, but hunting with family is equally, if not more, important.

Of course, the young man made a commitment to the team when you go out for the sport, and that isn't a small matter to consider. Yet, if he made it known he was a hunter and may miss that particular week's game and the following practices, going on the hunt is also keeping a commitment to the family unit. At the end of the day, the family really is more important than 1 football game and the following week's practices, at least in my opinion.

If he goes, I wish you all a grand time. If he stays to play ball, good health and success on the gridiron. Good luck!
Jim

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom