Rexburg Idaho Falls Whitetail????

MTQuivers

I love to hunt whitetails and I would like to start hunting white tails in the snake river area of unit 63a -63 or 68a. I have access to a boat and lots of time to scout. Anyone who could give me any general idea of some places to start would be much appreciated

Jason Yates
Basin Archery Shop
http://www.basinarcheryshop.com
5% OFF to all MonsterMuleys.com Members!!!
Discount code = monstermuleys

Did you win the lotto or what? Just curious how you have so much time to hunt. The envy of all MMers. I'd say good luck but I don't think you need it.

lots of whitys along the river pretty much everywhere. If you have time to scout should not be hard to find. if you have a boat I would look at some of the bigger islands that most cant hunt

LAST EDITED ON Sep-18-11 AT 10:23PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Sep-18-11 AT 10:22?PM (MST)

No winning lotteries and I am not a rich guy by most standards but I do have a job with lots of flexibility and an online archery store that provides me with some extra play money. More important than that I have a very supportive wife. It doesn't hurt that my wife is from Idaho and so any Idaho hunt is a freebie with her. It is just a great excuse for her to visit her parents!!! Anyways I save money and time off of work each year just so I can hunt multiple states.
Thanks for the advise so far. As always MM members are coming through to help a guy out. I have made many friends off of this site and have scored free help on a blacktail deer hunt and free help on a Roosevelt elk hunt this year from friends I met on this site a few years back. I simply helped them on hunts and they returned the favor to me. More importantly I made a few lifelong hunting buddies from different states.
Anyways if I understand right there are several Islands that are acceptable for hunting. I have a few that I have located on Google earth and that is a good start. If I am correct you can only hunt the 63a unit as a general tag until sept 30th but unit 63 is open until december. I think they have changed 68a into an unlimited draw so it is probably out.
Any more info on 63a or 63 would be much appreciated.
Do they get any good whitetails out of these units?
When I say good I mean 130-160 class bucks.

Jason Yates
Basin Archery Shop
http://www.basinarcheryshop.com
5% OFF to all MonsterMuleys.com Members!!!
Discount code = monstermuleys

6247mdgc0061.jpg

PM Sent...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom