Rhodes Canyon - Anyone hunt in Oct 2012

BozNM

I'm preparing to go on a broken horn oryx hunt in Nov/Dec and was wondering if on the Oct 2012 Rhodes canyon hunt if the area north of road #12 was open or closed to hunting. If open did you see many animals in that area.

thanks - boz

I shot 2 oryx this calender year. One in Jan and one in Oct. this was a private ranch that boarders the range fence. I went with a guide and both my oryx were broken. I think in talking with the guide and other hunters (oct. hunt) that went on range that getting a broke is more what is out there. Not saying you cant get or wont see full horn, you know how it goes have a tag for something and you see something else. I was told by a friend that gilbert (in charge of oryx on range) said alot of oryx are broken because of past frost. Don't know about the road I can give you my guides number if you like and he will be able to tell you. Hope this ramble helps

ElkSniper

Thanks for the information. I had this same hunt last year (dec 2-4) and it was extremely tough. Lots of snow and wind. I spent a day in the general area you suggested. Again thanks for the suggestion.

NMBoz

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom