Rich man’s game

Its very common for NR's to complain. I can't tell you how many people every single year I hear cry about the cost or hunting NR In colorado. " the cost for NR's is stupid!!!! Derrrrrr". Then hunt your own state, or become a resident and pay all the state taxes like the residents do.
Meh..I know a ton of people who hunt out of state and don't hear any complaints about cost of tags.

Hear a TON more complaints from residents about NR hunters somehow ruining it for them? Geesh...learn to hunt better and no other hunter, resident or not will hold you back.

I am not wealthy by any stretch. We find a way to hunt another state pretty much every year. Cost of more tags is not what prevents us from doing it more.

Meh..I know a ton of people who hunt out of state and don't hear any complaints about cost of tags.

Hear a TON more complaints from residents about NR hunters somehow ruining it for them? Geesh...learn to hunt better and no other hunter, resident or not will hold you back.

I am not wealthy by any stretch. We find a way to hunt another state pretty much every year. Cost of more tags is not what prevents us from doing it more.
Everyone complains, but NR's in my opinion have nothing to complain about. They don't pay state tax they don't pay for almost anything in the state, but they sure think they are owed when they buy a tag here. I've also noticed alot more NR's being extremely rude and territorial over "the spot their buddy told them to go to".

And yes alot of NR's do ruin somethings for alot of residents. Since the number of NR hunters has probably doubled or even tripled. I have many story's of hunting an area and know that, you only drive up to a said location and then walk the rest of the way because otherwise you will blow the animals out. So you park off the side of the road and guess who comes driving past me down a dead end road about 15 mins later??? "Ohhhh were just some guys from blah blah state, and we were told to hunt back here so we told 15 other buddy's and we're meeting them back here.

Yeah...that ruins it. And that happens alot.

Wasn't really trying for traction.

Was making a point about generalizations of folks and how they are the problem. Not just some of group A or group B but ALL of them. It's horse chit. It's typically not even a majority of the groups being complained about that are the problem. Although it may seem so.
Most democrats I have meet are hypocritical people and very self-centered. 😎😎😎

Get rid of preference points, guides on public land, side by sides, and social media. Those 4 things would eliminate the majority of the new age trophy hunters that exist. Boy what a great hunting world that would be. At least that’s what the old guys tell me.

Everyone complains, but NR's in my opinion have nothing to complain about. They don't pay state tax they don't pay for almost anything in the state, but they sure think they are owed when they buy a tag here. I've also noticed alot more NR's being extremely rude and territorial over "the spot their buddy told them to go to".

And yes alot of NR's do ruin somethings for alot of residents. Since the number of NR hunters has probably doubled or even tripled. I have many story's of hunting an area and know that, you only drive up to a said location and then walk the rest of the way because otherwise you will blow the animals out. So you park off the side of the road and guess who comes driving past me down a dead end road about 15 mins later??? "Ohhhh were just some guys from blah blah state, and we were told to hunt back here so we told 15 other buddy's and we're meeting them back here.

So they can't complain if they see another hunter poach or if the y find private signs on public land or because some cuck is dating peckers in the dust on their pickup? I've seen all of these things and I did and will complain about them.

The ONLY things I'm not entitled to complain about is the price of the tag or their allocation or the LEGAL way someone hunts.

So you only get pizzed if the hunter that drives to the end of the road is a NR? Or ONLY they do it? A blessed wonderful resident of CO would never...

Besides if I park off the side of a dead end road I am probably walking away from the road? I would expect the same from someone else parked beside the road that is not closed... I understand what you are trying to do but you can't expect people to know. Get a sign and put it in your window. Most would respect it. Some won't.

Now if the road is closed or gated and you walk in and get vehicle traffic. Now you have a complaint. Other than that...pssh.

You either don't understand or don't wanna admit your complaints are about HUNTERS not just NR hunters. Small numbers of both groups do these things. You only notice the out of state plates because you need an excuse to beotch...

NR tags have double/triple?
Damn i forgot NR's couldn't get over the counter tags. Yes, the number of NR hunters in colorado has significantly gone up. Just like the population of hunters has gone up like 80% if I remember correctly, all in the last 5-10 years or so. Why? Because social media, meateater. Etc.... that's the main reason Steve ranellas brother hates him, because Steve believes that the world needs more hunters, and more and more and more.

So they can't complain if they see another hunter poach or if the y find private signs on public land or because some cuck is dating peckers in the dust on their pickup? I've seen all of these things and I did and will complain about them.

The ONLY things I'm not entitled to complain about is the price of the tag or their allocation or the LEGAL way someone hunts.

So you only get pizzed if the hunter that drives to the end of the road is a NR? Or ONLY they do it? A blessed wonderful resident of CO would never...

Besides if I park off the side of a dead end road I am probably walking away from the road? I would expect the same from someone else parked beside the road that is not closed... I understand what you are trying to do but you can't expect people to know. Get a sign and put it in your window. Most would respect it. Some won't.

Now if the road is closed or gated and you walk in and get vehicle traffic. Now you have a complaint. Other than that...pssh.

You either don't understand or don't wanna admit your complaints are about HUNTERS not just NR hunters. Small numbers of both groups do these things. You only notice the out of state plates because you need an excuse to beotch...
Never met a single resident who didn't see a truck parked off the road on a dead end road that went....man I bet he ain't hunting down there!!! Let me just drive down there! It shouldn't blow his hunt! It really shows that you haven't hunted enough to have experienced with these type, or you live somewhere that people don't want to come hunt because it sucks.

Never met a single resident who didn't see a truck parked off the road on a dead end road that went....man I bet he ain't hunting down there!!! Let me just drive down there! It shouldn't blow his hunt! It really shows that you haven't hunted enough to have experienced with these type, or you live somewhere that people don't want to come hunt because it sucks
Gotcha...

Well, the hunting for over the counter mule deer is TERRIBLE in my state...because there isn't really over the counter mule deer hunting here. But there is over the cou ter blacktail hunting, and it's pretty good! Been better and worse over the years but it's pretty good right now.

You're either slow or don't get that nobody in your terrible tale of NR hunters drove down that road with the INTENT to screw up a hunt.

They drove down it because they didn't realize someone was hunting the road on foot. Places that are truly overrun with hunters are so much so that a hunter with half a brain cell would understand that if he parked on the side of the road and walked down the middle of the road to hunt there is gonna be a couple people drive down the road.

If you're that concerned about it happening again just block the road. Not saying it will go how you want it to but those nasty NR's won't be driving down there.

Oooorrrrr....get the F off the road and walk.

I've hunted plenty for 40 plus years and seen all kinds of idiocy out of people from all over the country. This just doesn't qualify. And if it's what hurts you the most you are a lucky man.

So Mountainsqwabler.

On this hypothetical foot hunt down the middle of the road, how far down say a 4 mile dead end road does one get to park and the rest of the road is his to hunt in your book?

If I park 100 yards in is the whole road mine?

300 yards from the dead end and the rest is mine?

So Mountainsqwabler.

On this hypothetical foot hunt down the middle of the road, how far down say a 4 mile dead end road does one get to park and the rest of the road is his to hunt in your book?

If I park 100 yards in is the whole road mine?

300 yards from the dead end and the rest is mine?
Like parking about 300 yards from the end of the road. And no one said I was hunting the road...I said we walked down the road till it dead ended...into a nasty canyon. So, if someone sees a vehicle at almost.the emd of the dead end road and they drive past seeing the road ends...it's pretty obvious they are doing so intentionally or because they just don't care.

If they know the road and there is a place to turn around I fully agree!
Like parking about 300 yards from the end of the road. And no one said I was hunting the road...I said we walked down the road till it dead ended...into a nasty canyon. So, if someone sees a vehicle at almost.the emd of the dead end road and they drive past seeing the road ends...it's pretty obvious they are doing so intentionally or because they just don't care.

if i see you parked on a road, and the end of that road is where i intend to hunt. i'm going to park on that same road and walk to where i want to hunt. if you're in there too, cool. if you walked in in the dark and i waited till light and shot a buck behind you that means i had a good plan.

the bit*ch about public land is its public.

i notice i haven't seen the simplest solution to the OP's problem really acknowledged yet. i eluded to it in one response.

problem- "the hunting i want to do is a rich man's game"

solution- work to become a rich man

problem solved. but it's hard. so bit*hing is easy
Never said that I wanted to do guided hunts just pointed out how crazy it’s getting

That's not really accurate. keep in mind the NR owns all the federal land just as much as you do, and he pays to take care of it and gets far less good out of it than you do. the courts have ruled the state owns the game so it is what it is, but it doesn't mean the NR is some freeloader with no skin in the game.

It is a puzzling legal matter as to ownership of the wildlife though, how can the state own the wildlife , but on animals such as the wolf the federal government gets to dictate how it's managed because they have control? again it is what it is but it doesn't make sense.

I don't care what the tag costs the state gets to set the price and if I don't like it I can shop elsewhere. what I don't think is fair is the state taking hunters money for points for decades then changing the rules and moving the goalpost double the distance. that's a hose job.

As far as NR hunters being azzhats I'm sure that's sometimes true, though I see residents doing more crap than the NR's per capita. when I'm a guest hunter I try to be on my best behavior and avoid the stereotype. it must work because I've hunted a lot out of state and so far I haven't had a single bad interaction with a resident yet. I think this is all a bigger problem on the internet than in the field.

Why work harder when you could simply poach?
The prices of legal hunting easily out weigh a good lawyer and a ticket or two.
Unfortunately a lot of truth to this. You could poach for years in the best units, be smart and not get caught for a long time. Then when you do pay out a few grand and lose a hunting license you didn’t care about having in the first place and just keep going.

Would love to see some actual penalties high enough to scare guys but we never will

Unfortunately a lot of truth to this. You could poach for years in the best units, be smart and not get caught for a long time. Then when you do pay out a few grand and lose a hunting license you didn’t care about having in the first place and just keep going.

Would love to see some actual penalties high enough to scare guys but we never will
I often say the same.

Then others will say "lifetime license ban". Why would the poacher care about that?

I think part of the problem is we don't punish most crime adequately. How do you justify stiffer penalties for crimes against animals than crimes against humanity?

You Ever Read HELL-F'N-RIGHT?

I often say the same.

Then others will say "lifetime license ban". Why would the poacher care about that?

I think part of the problem is we don't punish most crime adequately. How do you justify stiffer penalties for crimes against animals than crimes against humanity?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom