Riddle Me This....

AZStickman

At a time where we are having to borrow money from China and other countries are chargeing us through the teeth for manufactured and natural resource generated products why are we still so damn charitable. We continue to provide financial and emergency aid, and agricultural care packages to third world and emerging nations. Doesn't it make sense to take care of our own first and then "if we can" be charitable.Or at the very least start charging for these things. We can't afford it anymore... Terry

Terry, it's really not a problem. When our credit card gets maxed out we refinance and borrow more against our house. It's like free money. Relax man, it's all good.

Eel

by far the biggest aid reciever is Israel, most people in the know say its far cheaper in the long run to help things run smoothly than have to get the military involved later on. and the fact is we need resources like oil from other countrys. Also many countrys give a higher percentage per GDP than the US. does

LAST EDITED ON Feb-14-09 AT 09:01AM (MST)[p]"Terry, it's really not a problem. When our credit card gets maxed out we refinance and borrow more against our house. It's like free money. Relax man, it's all good."

Guess I'm an old school pay as you go kind of guy. Isn't the live beyond your means strategy people bought in to a big part of what got us into the housing crisis? It just seems a bit myopic to me.....Piper I'm talking Aid not trade.... Terry

Israel does get aid, and lots of it, what are you talking about? remember taxes and overspending come from many places, read the post by fordfender.

We give Israel 6.8 million dollars a day, and toss Palistine 300,000 a day to keep them fed, thats over 7 million a day and doesn't count loan gaurantees.

My calculator doesn't go that high but that's 2.5 billion a year if I'm right , I can see that better spent on America or better yet cut our taxes that much. I don't care if it's a Mexican wetback on medicade or Israeli they're all leaches, I just don't see the open check book love affair with Israel myself.

"Guess I'm an old school pay as you go kind of guy. Isn't the live beyond your means strategy people bought in to a big part of what got us into the housing crisis? It just seems a bit myopic to me"

Terry, I absolutely agree. Every time congress spends even a dollar there is some congressman pounding on the podium telling us it's in our best interest or is a good "investment" and is a MUST have. Some of it actually is but certainly not all of it. You or I would sort through it and pick the most important priorities and learn to live without the other. Not the US though.

We have to either stop it or crash and burn.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-14-09 AT 10:30AM (MST)[p]We've already crashed, we're just waiting to see if a fire starts.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-14-09 AT 04:53PM (MST)[p]"Israel does get aid, and lots of it, what are you talking about?"

I didn't say they didn't and I don't care who the aid is going to if we can't handle our finances without borrowing we have no business handing out charity. You brought up oil it's a trade item.

Terry

"We've already crashed, we're just waiting to see if a fire starts."

Very true...This crash is still happening we haven't even bottomed out yet.... Terry

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom