Rifle Scope, Spotting Scope, or Binos

F

FloppyHat

I successfully pulled a Wasatch Mountains LE Elk rifle tag this year and see the need to upgrade my optics. I have always hunted with optics in the $100 to $150 range and know things can be better with higher quality stuff. I would like to upgrade my rifle scope, spotting scope, and binoculars, but my budget won't allow me to get all three. My question is what would you consider the most important?

My thoughts are to first upgrade my rifle scope, knowing that finding that trophy elk isn't going to do me any good if I can't hit it. I struggle to choose between a new set of binoculars and a new spotting scope. I've always used binos more often and so that tends to be my first choice. However, I definitely see the benefits to a quality spotting scope, especially with pre-season scouting.

Any thoughts?

With out know what you currently have makes it tough to help you decide what to upgrade first. Having said that I think that the most inportant tool you NEED to have is a quality pair of binos. The only time that you should be using your rifle scope is when the moment of truth comes. Pior to that you have got to first locate and size up your trophy. That all starts with your binos. Second I would look at upgrading your rifle scope. This is when you need a peace of equipment that you can trust your life with. Last I would upgrade your spotting scope. My spotting scope does more presean work then it does when the moment of truth comes. When hunting season rules arround my spotting scope does more work form the road then it does once I get off the road.

400bull

I was in your boat in 2007 when I drew an Idaho NR Moose. I'll second 400bull's binoculars first recommendation. To me, my binos are the most important tool in my toolbox.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom