Rifle Scope

sneeky

I need to put a scope on a new .243 for my son to hunt this year. Want to stay under $200.00 if I can. Any recomendations? Thanks.
Todd

The following manufactors offer good economy scopes in your price range of under $ 200.00. Nikon, Leupold, Redfield, Weaver, Burris. You should get your money's worth with any of those brands.

RELH

LAST EDITED ON Feb-09-11 AT 04:53PM (MST)[p]i tried a sightron and it was very good for the money. i absolutly loved the adjustments you could do the four click each direction deal and make a square. the scope moved every time i adjusted it. i have had trouble with my vx2 leopolds, and pro hunter nikon. the optics were good not super clear but ok. i used it on one whitetail rifle for a winchester 100 in .308. not a bad scope at all

+1 on Burris. I particularly like the value with the Ballistic-Plex reticle. Some day he may want to shoot past 200 yards and will be ready with this reticle. Works well with .243 shooting 100 gr bullets.

Sneeky Doug at cameraland has some great deals right now on closeout vortex optics. I'd contact him and snag one.

Weaver K6 6x38 runs about $150 and is a heck if a decent scope for the money. Or if you want a variable the Redfield 3x9x40 for about the same wouldn't be a bad choice.

I have regretted every scope purchase I have made that was not Leupold. Including burris. The burris to which I am referring is the fullfield model which turns out was made in Malaysia or Indonesia or someplace. I'd get a VX-1.

Despite the dumb name, Sightron is a hell of a scope, and like bevis said, they track/return to zero flawlessly..Always liked vintage K series Weavers too.

--------------------------------------

If rifle hunting was gay swbuckmaster would do it...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom