Right Area/Wrong Hunt

Hello fellow friends,
We all know that exciting time when our credit cards get charged for our up coming hunts. My big brother finally drew his early LE Central Manti Elk Tag . But that excitement was gone when my brother got his confirmation email from the UT DWR about the tag he drew and realized that my brother put in for the right area to hunt in but he put in for the late hunt in November.
We were a little sad that it wasn't the September hunt. But we are being optimistic about going hunting in our favorite area of the state of Utah. We are familiar with the area, we have spent many years hunting the Manti, but we have never hunted elk in November.

My question to you guys is 1. What are the elk behaviors like in November (are they with the cows, bachelor group of bulls, or by themselves)?
2. What are some of guys experiences hunting bull elk in November(Weather, hunting pressure)?

Thanks for your help fellow friend,
Happy Trails

-Kokanee_Slayer

the answers to your questions differ from year to year. some years they are all in bachelor groups. some years they are still with cows and rutting. some years they are all by themselves. if you are familiar with the area, you shouldnt have any problem locating elk. you'll have a great hunt

That is a tough hunt but there are some big Bulls on that unit. They will be in the ugly canyons where no one bothers them. Usually bachelored up. If you can find out where they shed you will find the late hunt bulls.

I have shot 3 bulls in November. My first bull was a raghorn I shot with a muzzleloader. He was with cows and other bulls. My biggest bull was all by himself. The other one which was a 290 bull was bachelored up with 5 other bulls. They were all pretty hard to locate. However, it seems like they always are for me no matter what time of year it is.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom