rim fire

Not the hunters fault... it was the matches fault! We need more laws to outlaw matches. With more stringent control of matches, there would be way less Forest fires.

I realize that there are responsible people out there that use matches in an appropriate way and do not wish to infringe upon their BBQ lighting, Lantern lighting, and lighting those Candels on birthday cakes, but Matches can also serve to evil purpose so there should be laws put to effect to curb this obvious menace to society. :)

i could go on or rewrite and do a better job but you get my drift...

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

I dont buy it for one minute. Anybody who knows this country would know it too. Nasty steep, poison oak canyon, not near a road, and not a damn deer in that area for 10 sqaure miles. It's winter range, may have been a doe hear or there so it was either an extremley inexperienced hunter or something else.

Ps.....they ruled out the dope growers because the area in which it started had ZERO access and no water source. Hunters are always the scape goat.

Hardway I'm with you on this one. There is no way someone would try to hunt that hole. However someone would grow pot down there. They supposedly caught the guy... think about it for a moment, you get caught near a fire while tending your garden. They ask you waht you were doing down there.... "Uhhhh, hunting". Who would admit they had a garden???? As for no water source??? Really? The Clavey runs year around.

It had to be a hunter and one of those evil guns! We must do away with both!

Norkal

"One can take my life but not my faith or my
confidence. I fear none and respect all."

LAST EDITED ON Sep-07-13 AT 10:37AM (MST)[p]I live in Tuolumne County and I whole-heatedly agree. Not the place for a bow hunter to be chasing bucks...but many pot farms sprinkle the landscape in that area. It'll be interesting when the rest of the story is told.

I was born & raised in this county , from my driveway I saw a plume of smoke that Saturday at around 4pm. It was in the 100s that day , I don't buy it for a second that a hunter started it , we are just getting the wrap for it . Why would a hunter have a fire going at that time of the day in that heat . 2 of my sons work for Hetchy and they heard it was a kayaker who threw his roach down . Then that it was the pot farmers . Who knows ? Pisses me off that we take the hit . Burnt up the winter ground & country I have hunted for years , very sad .

They haul 500 yupie rafters a day down to lumdsen bridge to float the tulomne ....... I would bet the farm it was a cigarette or a roach.

>They haul 500 yupie rafters a
>day down to lumdsen bridge
>to float the tulomne .......
>I would bet the farm
>it was a cigarette or
>a roach.

Bingo

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom