Rings....make a difference??????

N

nv2056

Hello, often read but never posted. Can I please get your experts advice. I just bought a new Tikka rifle in 22-250 with Tikka rings on a new Leopold scope. Its really accurate now so should I leave these "come with the gun" rings on or just change them now to something else like leopold or millet or something else???? Will they make a diff in the long run??? Also sorry to be a pain in the ass fng but is it worth putting a muzzle brake on a 22-250? Thanks and sorry for the pita ng questions.

What is really accurate? Should be 1" or under @ 100 yds.
As to the muzzle break no not on a 22-250.
Breaks are usually only used on heavy recoiling magnums.

I can shoot under an inch at 100 yards, but just was not sure if down the road I was going to need something else...if so I wanted to do it now rather then later. I thought maybe a muzzle brake would allow you to see impact thru the scope, similar to what a 204 allows you to do. Thanks for your input and time.

Your welcome nv2056.
There are others on this site that have way more
knowledge than I, so maybe some of them will chime in.

Put this up on the guns forum. Personally I don't have any experience with Tikka. Leupold makes quality bases and rings for the money. A brake on a .22-250 would be kinda cool, except for the added noise and muzzle blast. Not much recoil to one anyway. mtmuley

Thanks for the info. I actually shot a 22-250 with a muzzle brake on it today, and well....its loud. I'm not really a paper shooter and good thing. The gun really does not kick much anyway but the mb allowed you to see the impact, just like shooting a .17hmr. Since I use my gun just for hunting and my kids are usually with me I dont think I will because of the extra noise and blast. Again thanks for your time.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom