rip cord rest, and PSE dream season

broadfork

I just bought a PSE dream season, and I love it. I had a rip cord on my mathews xt, and switched it over. The pro shop I went to said that it is not going to tune right with that rest. But the PSE dealer said it would work fine. I don't know what to believe. It is shooting a perfect bullet right now, but I was told that it drops too fast, and most likely will not stay tuned. Comments?

LAST EDITED ON Apr-30-09 AT 11:11AM (MST)[p]If it is working for you I wouldn't worry about changing anything. Sometimes I have heard that the Rip Cord doesn't drop fast enough. I used to use the Rip Cord extensively and it is a great rest. The GX is also a great bow! If the set-up is working for you don't change it. You shouldn't have any problems! Don't fix what ain't broke!

I set up an X Force for a friend with that rest and never had any problems!

Jared "J-Rod" Bloomgren

www.myspace.com/jaredbloomgren
http://www.camospace.com/Bloomgren

"Getting close to game undetected and maintaining self control while delivering a well placed shot are the true keys to bowhunting success." -M.R.James

I agree with Bloomgren, if its not broke don't fix it. I have heard that on some of the faster shooting bows that style of drop away does not support the arrow long enough, but if your shooting bullet holes I dont see why it should'nt stay that way.

My brother shoots that exact setup, flings arrows at 304 fps and is deadly accurate. He did shorten the prongs on the rest to avoid any contact issues, just a little grinder to take off the top 1/4 inch or so.

I have that same rest on my Bowtech and I have a short draw and am shooting 305 fps. I also trimed the prongs down on the Ropcord and it is working great for me. I shoot a 26 1/2 draw length and I have been able to make it work fine. I love that rest and am happy with it.

Rod

I shoot the 101st with a ripcord and have ran the ripcord one two other bows prior same one and have never had a problem tell now and that would when my 3 year old broke it. the prongs broke off.

moseley middleton

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom