RIP Spidy

LAST EDITED ON Oct-11-08 AT 02:15PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Oct-11-08 AT 02:13?PM (MST)

Posted on B&C:

48f108630b898567.jpg

Denny Austad hunted with MossBack Guides and Outfitters for 13 days before connecting with this potential new World's Record non-typical American elk on September 30, 2008. It is being reported that this magnificent 9 x 14 bull elk green scores 488 net B&C points and grosses at 500-4/8 B&C points. The abnormal points alone total 130 inches.

If these measurements hold up after the required 60-day drying period and Mr. Austad enters the bull, it must meet Boone and Crockett Club's trophy entry standards before it is accepted. In the event the entry score is near or above the current World's Record, a Special Judges Panel will convene to confirm the final score and subsequently whether the bull is an official new World's Record. The current World's Record non-typical (465-2/8 points) was found dead at Upper Arrow Lake, British Columbia, in 1994.

Would it be unreasonable to require individuals to wait 5 years like the rest of us before they can bid on a auction tag like this? It seems like the same high dollar clients get these tags every year. If I was in a position to bid on these tags I would do exactly the same so I don't fault the individual but I do find fault with the system. With a 5 year waiting period the prices on some of these tage may get down to the point where possibly a guy could save up and have a least a chance to bid on some of the lesser tags. Of course the state makes less money but at least it gives a little variety to the system and hope to an individual who is much less likely to hire a guide and hunt on his own. I see the same clients on these videos every year and know that for most of us a Utah Limited Elk Tag is a once in a lifetime proposition. I would like to hear your thoughts.

I would really like to know what the guides got for a tip? A guy like denny should be able to tip pretty good don't you think whats everyone guesses? I mean really what is a world record bull worth???

LAST EDITED ON Oct-11-08 AT 04:40PM (MST)[p]Hey HOSSBLUR - who has penis envy?

The answer, cuz I bet you don't get it, is YOU do my fried. You, the one who comes on to this website and spends 30 minutes (I know it took you that long) to write up a "story" about Mr. Austad.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom