Rivers West Rain Gear

C

coyote13

Just wondering if anyone has any info on this stuff mainly the new LAW stuff. I thinking about getting it for my ID trip in late sept my outfitter says rain gear is as important as my rifle at this time of the year.

Thanks in advance,Jon

I bought the hooded jacket. I used it in Wy. ( leaked ) Ca. ( leaked ) and in Nv ( didn't leak , no real weather ) hunting muleys last year . I also used it during duck season , got soaked . From my shoulder to my wrist was wet . That in turn soaked all my layering underneath . I sent it back and they were VERY helpful . They seam sealed the stiching in the arms and shoulder area . Haven't tried it out since so I'm not sure if it leaks now .

The fabric is different , almost like fleece . The fleece type material on the outside holds some water and at night the jacket froze solid on me on my Ca hunt . Not fun trying to put a frozen jacket on in the dark .

Having said all of that I really like the jacket and the cutomer service . Maybe my jacket was a dud ? If you buy one try wearing it in the shower before your hunt to check for any leaks .

I am hooked on their product. I have the light weight summer/rain gear stuff as well as the below zero stuff. It is every bit as good as they claim. With the rubber cuffs in the pants you can wade across a river and not get wet unless your boots leak. It is expensive but worth it.

I have the winter stuff and absolutely love it!. I have used it for the past 2 yrs. Never had any problems. It kept me completely dry on a number of trips when it was snowing cats and dogs.. I love the stuff and will by buying the new LAW stuff soon.

Thanks for the info Boman - Are you using it as your full time hunting coat on extended trips? I have ordered the new LAW Stalker Jacket with the open chest/back and Cold Canyon Vest. I currently run the microtex with a rain coat during the bad weather. The microtex is great but not all that windproof and it is tough to bowhunt with the noisy rain coat. In my country you end up a little wet no matter what you are wearing when it storms so I'm going to try this setup. The RiversWest is a little noisy new but I've read that it will quite down after a couple of washes????

Can a guy use this stuff fulltime on a three to 10 day hunt off your back and leave the noisy rain coat at home? I have my inner layering system all out of polys and it works great. If I can find an outer layer that works I will be set.

What do you all think? Thanks for the advice.

I hope it works - PRICEY is the word!!!

i have the pants with the zippered vents on the legs and the most afordable jacket and i love the pants but the jacket i'm replacing with their longer vented jacket (santas bringing it). The one thing i would definetly get is the coat or pants with the most venting i have the law stuff and once you start hiking it gets hot and the moisture from sweat does'nt escape all that well which is the reason i'm upgrading the coat. have not wore it in really bad weather yet but so far i really like it...i'm buying more. Hope this helps and have a merry christmas

I have wore the rivers west gear for the last two years, and it has been awsome. I spent a lot of money on products that just didnt work. But the rivers west has been great in everything from down pour rain storms to hunting in two feet+ of snow. Best rain gear I have ever owner.

Santa just brought me the Rivers West Parka and 5 pocket pants, can't wait to try them out. Actually I wore the parka X-mas day while I was Bar-B-Quing the Wild Turkey it was raining like well really hard.

I have owned rivers west for a few years now and have no need to buy anything else. Good stuff!!

Had my rivers west jacket out for only the fourth time, and the zipper broke, sent it back the lady on the phone said its a 3-5 day turn around from when the receive it. Well the have now had it for 4 weeks, when I called she said the production line people are backed up and the would have it out at the end of the week. So good warranty the are fixing it, but by the time I get it back most of my hunts will be done for the year.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom