RMEF confirms Utah Expo bid

Did you read that third paragraph from the bottom about the new proposal being considered by the game department?

RELH

And this appears to be the first glimpse of the backroom deals. "The DWR also informed RMEF of a new request for proposal (RFP) process that will be implemented for the first time to select the conservation organization that will administer the expo permits in conjunction with its convention and expo event." Don is not going to allow his cash cow walk! This is far from over and the dirty backroom deals are about to get sickening. Funny that there is now going to be a new RFP after RMEF's proposal was submitted. I think the DWR was going to have a hard time not choosing RMEF's proposal so there will now be a "new" process.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-11-15 AT 02:07PM (MST)[p]According to Hawkeye's post...I can think of almost 7.5 million reasons there will be backroom deals. To bad that what is best for Utah's wildlife does not appear to be the biggest concern. SFW runs the DWR and this process simply shines light on this crap.

That is simply not always true. There are also legal ramifications involved in a government agency changing a bid process after the bid period has ended. The DWR can't simply change the rules just to get their hand picked group to win the process.

To some extent, a bidding war has already taken place. After many years, SFW/MDF reluctantly agreed to give back 30% to conservation. Look at the numbers. RMEF stepped up and voluntary agreed to give back 100% for approved conservation projects. You do the math? Which proposal is a win for sportsmen and wildlife?

-Hawkeye-

If I knew 100% of the raffle money was going back to wildlife, instead of the pockets of the already-wealthy, I'd start putting in for Expo tags.

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

Why do I have the feeling we're all about to get bent??

How long is this sham going to simmer till somebody
Speaks up??

Peayday??
Xtreme??
DWR boot lickers??
SFW boot lickers??

Damn somebody speak up!!!

"The State of Utah has not given BGF anything.
They have invested in BGF to protect their
interests."
Birdman 4/15/15

>Why do I have the feeling
>we're all about to get
>bent??
>
>How long is this sham going
>to simmer till somebody
>Speaks up??
>
>Peayday??
>Xtreme??
>DWR boot lickers??
>SFW boot lickers??
>
>Damn somebody speak up!!!
>
>
>
>
>"The State of Utah has not
>given BGF anything.
>They have invested in BGF to
>protect their
>interests."
>Birdman 4/15/15

because we are about to get bent. It is time SFW and the state of Utah split the sheets.

R657-55 is the Administrative Rule that controls the award of the Expo Tag contract. R657-55-4 is the section that describes the process set out by which the DWR by conservation groups may apply for the the Expo Permit contract. See http://www.rules.utah.gov/publicat/code/r657/r657-055.htm#T4 Subsection 3 sets forth the application period of 8/1 to 9/1. Subsection 4 describes the information that must be included in an application for the permits. Subsection 6 set forth the factors the DWR will consider in making a recommendation to the Wildlife Board as to who should receive the contract. And subsection 7 sets forth the factors the Wildlife Board will consider in determining which group will receive the contract. This is the DWR's own rule that was just amended at the recent December RAC meetings and the January 2015 Wildlife Board Meeting. There is absolultely no mention of a formal RFP process. If the DWR wanted to use a formal RFP process then it should have included that process in its recent rule amendment.

If you have concerns about the DWR's recent decision to move to a new RFP process after RMEF submitted its application as explained in the RMEF press release, make your voices known to the DWR, the Wildlife Board and your politicians.

-Hawkeye-

It would seem that RMEF submitted their bid very late, but in time. The bid was the best bid submitted, SO...
The rules get changed a little to allow for more bidding time.
SFW will amend the bid, and miraculously win the bid.
Want to put some money on it?

If the RMEF is unwilling to accept the new proposal, and demands that they stick to the rules in place at the bidding time. They may have a good legal case to take it to court and you get lawyers involved sucking money from everyone.

RELH

>If the RMEF is unwilling to
>accept the new proposal, and
>demands that they stick to
>the rules in place at
>the bidding time. They may
>have a good legal case
>to take it to court
>and you get lawyers involved
>sucking money from everyone.
>
>
>
>
>
>
> RELH

I'm betting that there are big game hunting lawyers out there who would take the case just for the self-serving publicity!

"I'm betting that there are big game hunting lawyers out there who would take the case just for the self-serving publicity!"

Maybe so but seems like a very poor way for RMEF to have to start off a 5-10 year relationship with the DWR, by suing them.

A deadline for bids is just that and should be honored. A new proposal system arising after the deadline reeks of corruption.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

>"I'm betting that there are big
>game hunting lawyers out there
>who would take the case
>just for the self-serving publicity!"
>
>
>
>Maybe so but seems like a
>very poor way for RMEF
>to have to start off
>a 5-10 year relationship with
>the DWR, by suing them.
>
>
>A deadline for bids is just
>that and should be honored.
>A new proposal system arising
>after the deadline reeks of
>corruption.
>
>Joey
>
>
>
>
>
>"It's all about knowing what your
>firearms practical limitations are and
>combining that with your own
>personal limitations!"

That certainly is the case, but without the lawsuit there may not be that 5 to 10 year relationship between DWR and RMEF now or ever! If nothing changes, nothing will change!

Thanks to all for the info on this subject for people like me that don't know any better.
After all I have read on MM about this subject RMEF running this expo would be a great success for the elk and deer habitat in Utah and I personally would consider making the trip to the expo if they are running it and hopefully getting to meet some of you guys and gals in person.
The problem is that the powers that be are starting to figure out that they can give away with anything, because the public will just b!tch for a few days or weeks and then it's back to business usually. The only way to hurt these type of people is in the wallet. People need to band together and boycott these things that's what will change things.

Thanks again
Joe

"Sometimes you do things wrong for so long you
think their right" - 2001
"I can't argue with honesty" - 2005
-Joe E Sikora

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom