Rmef & wolves $ 50,000.00

blindsquirrel1

Just spoke with the panhandle F&G commisioner. He says that Rocky Mountian Elk Foundation has proposed giving $50,000. to Wild Life Services for wolf managment.

That money would go much farther in the form of a bounty, than in the hands of wildlife services. Paying for perfomance rather than paying for paper work & missions that may or may not be succesfull.

Who do we contact to get the money to a more efficient tool than the feds. 50 does not go that far when paying for helicopters, however @ $200.00 each you could buy 250 dead wolves.

Any other ideas on how to make the most of this money & again who do we talk to at the top of rmef.

While I agree with your sentiment, I think bounties have bad publicity and I can't imagine the RMEF 'taking things into their own hands' in that sense. They have a lot of relationships with the game agencies and it makes sense for them to foster those, even if there is some red tape along the way. I'm sure RMEF will be very careful with how that money is spent and they won't just make a $50k donation to the 'general fund'.

At least I hope so, since I'm a life member. :)

Based on their success, maybe a bunch of that should go to the trappers to subsidize their training/equipment as they sure have done a great job this winter. Can the trappers sell the pelts? Maybe RMEF ought to legally purchase some pelts and cut the feds out from there. Not so much a bounty. Probably pretty transparent though.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom