Road Closure Meeting.

fatrooster

Long Time Member
On Wednesday night, 7-15-9 at 7:00 p.m. there will be a meeting at the Elko Convention Center discussing the closure of roads in Nevada. It seems that the Nevada Department of Forestry is trying to close our roads right now and claim that Nevadans have not objected. In truth, according to the radio commercial, The Department of Forestry is trying to sneak this through without anybody knowing. This is your chance to give your opinion and listen to the opinion of the Forestry Department. Personally, I am opposed to more federal Government laws putting more restrictions upon us. The wolf was forced on us and now look whats happening to our "Right to Bear Arms" and the restrictions being placed on ammo. I'm fed up and am tired of the Government putting the squeeze on us. Please show up to the meeting to give your support in showing the Nevada Department of Forestry that we do not like new laws being passed in a sneaky way and that we are tired of more restrictions every which way we turn. fatrooster.

It has nothing to do with wolves, or guns, its about the roads on forest service land, I would like to see Nevada have less easy motorized access in many places, for one thing the deer hunting would be far better for mature animals. Seeing the country change over the last 35 or so years, its about time things got better for wildlife and hunters, instead of worse. good for the forest service, hope they have some luck.

I agree that it has nothing to do with wolves and guns, you missed the point. The point is we do not need more restrictions. The answer to animal management is not locking everybody out but better management that is not controlled with nothing but the dollar in mind. We once had great animal herds with these existing roads. fatrooster.

I'm with you Fatrooster, hate to see more stupid rules for only the few! Just like the B/S new OHV regirstation they will be imposing on us for driving on our Federal lands without even giving us anything for it. Where's the hopeful state riding areas that this new registration will fund? Just another way to guage us for out money!@!!!!!

The problem with Road Closures is that it makes hunting near impossible for people that aren't physically fit (weather it be age, health, disabilites). My Grandfather still hunts at 80, if they take away the access then you take away hunting for lots of people. I will be old someday and I pray that I still have somewhere I can hunt without traveling 5 miles a day with a pack.
Don't get me wrong I think it may increase trophy caliber animals but how many miles and years do you have left on your boots? There are plenty of places to pack in but we are running out of places to drive to.

Fatrooster- you are being played by some of the local vocal anti-everything nuts in Elko, I know excatly how it works over there. The forest service is trying to come up with a travel managment plan for the forest service land there. They have those here in Wyoming, in Idaho and most everywhere. I know someone from Elko who has been working on that for a while, The forest service has been asking for opinions for a while now also, just like they do in every other state. I can tell you there are more roads in Nevada than before the ATV revolution, and it wouldn't hurt to close a few, in fact it would help mule deer hunting greatly. but its mostly up to you guys, I gave up on Nevada years ago, it was really sad to see so many of my favorite wild places change for the worse.

Piper, I agree with you that the ATV has made many new roads. Its gotten to the point that I don't know who's playing me. The national media, local media, Forest service, and everybody else. Its hard to trust anyone. I personally am a wilderness hunter and would love to see more wilderness but I'm just to the point where I don't want to give the government an inch. fatrooster.

Attendance by the public was great! The Forest service is claimimng that they only want to close roads that are grown over, roads that people have made other roads shortcutting to another road and say that they are on our side. I looked at the maps of the proposed roads to be closed and could not believe my eues. You can tell that by looking at the map the true agenda is to close as many roads as they can possibly get away with. It was stated by Assemblyman John Carpenter that it is time for the "Shovel Brigade" to rise again. fatrooster.

I hate to say this, but a lot of this is brought on by irresponsible sportsmen and hunters. Tearing off cross country, not respecting roads, or road closures, and making roads or trails where there were none. A lot of riders consider Forest Service land as one big giant playground.

I don't blame the Forest Service for trying to get a handle on it. Here in CA every piece of ground that is rideable has quad trails everywhere.

FS in California is also in the process of trying to figure out what roads to designate as open. They expect to have it completed by 2010 or 2011. I just hope they don't go over board, as Drew says. I like access, but a lot of todays quad riders are totally irresponsible.

Eel

Rooster, I'm with you. Not about the roda closures specifically but I distrust Government so much, if I'm not verse on the issue, I'll oppose it just because some gov official promotes it.

Give up an inch to them and they'll take hundereds of miles. there are plenty of places to hunt with no roads if thats what you wish to do. I hunt with some older people and roads make it worth going for them.

............YY
.......___Q
...../(....)
......//..\\

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom