Rockchucks!!

cjg_beef

LAST EDITED ON Mar-30-15 AT 08:24PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Mar-30-15 AT 07:12?PM (MST) by Founder (admin)

Such a good way to get some target practice in. Had a good morning with my dad and a friend. The old man got the longest shot of the day at 422. Will have to head back before the grass gets too long. Enjoy the video! *WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT!!

https://youtu.be/M8oGx6HdBx8

Workman Predator Calls Field Staff
http://www.workmanpredatorcalls.com

Nice shooting hardly considered hunting, but oh well! Also nothing in this video portrays hunting in a positive light, or as sporting! Sadly videos like this are the ones that turn non hunters into anti hunters!

Nice shooting. That kill at 2:40 is extreme. Thanks for posting. Don't worry about the guys wanting to jump on you about showing the video. The grocery store hunters will never understand anyway.

Well, I don't know what a "grocery store hunter" is but I know that comments like, "he's dragging his guts around", said while laughing, does not depict sportsmen in a positive light.
One guys opinion.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-30-15 AT 08:26PM (MST)[p]Glad I have the freedom to post it. Nothing wrong with criticism. I'm not easily offended. It was a good time shooting with friends. Nothing more nothing less. If the liberals want to jump on me about it, have at it. God Bless America! FYI I edited it with '*WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT!!' for anyone who doesn't want to watch. ;)

>Looks like an awesome day! What's
>the gun specs?
>
>
>Traditional >>>------->
Gun Specs are as follows: receiver is a Crosshill Technologies ambi side-charging billet receiver. The rifle is chambered for .22x68 (6.8 SPC necked down to .224) with a 24" Black Hole Weaponry barrel. Glass is a Vortex Viper HS-T 6-24X50mm mounted with Burris Signature rings on a 20 MOA rail. I put it together last year and am really liking it. I purpose built it for long range varminting and it's fitting the bill so far. I'm currently shooting the 69 grain Sierra MatchKings at about 3400 fps.

I've done my share of that kind of shooting thru the years and with a good pard or two to share the fun, it can be a great practice and a awesome way to spend a day afield!

That said, i also understand and partially agree with some of the above comments.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

You Hunt/Shoot Long enough in the Woods you're gonna see some Guts!

So pull them Cinches up Tight & Cowboy-Up Cupcakes!

We laugh, we cry, we love
Go hard when the going's tough
Push back, come push and shove
Knock us down, we'll get back up again and again
We are Members of the Huntin Crowd!

>Dang I must be getting soft,
>at least tell my they
>were tearing a farmers field.
>
Destroying crops, spreading their waste on feed and farm equipment, clogging up irrigation pipes, digging holes just about anywhere that break farm equipment and livestock legs, carry diseases.... Just to name a few. The farmers were ecstatic about us shooting them and asked us to shoot them all if possible. They are hard to stay on top of.

First off, that's some great shooting. It's obvious you are a long ways off and have the equipment to take such long shots.

Second, I used to shoot rock chucks every chance I had as a kid. It was always with a .22 and the furthest I ever shot one was probably about 140-150 yards. That was the last rock chuck I ever killed. I realized at that moment that it was no longer a challenge for me.

Squirrels, "Pot-Guts", rock chucks, etc... My kids will hopefully cut their teeth hunting these animals. But it is unlikely I will kill anymore of them.

I still hunt rabbits cuz those buggers are tough to hit at 50 MPH. :)

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

Oh, one more question... Can you eat a rock chuck..?? And if so, is it any good..?? Or do you tan their hide or anything..??

Just wondering... As a kid I never asked those questions.

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

>Oh, one more question... Can you
>eat a rock chuck..?? And
>if so, is it any
>good..?? Or do you tan
>their hide or anything..??
>
>Just wondering... As a kid I
>never asked those questions.
>
>"Therefore, wo be unto him that
>is at ease in Zion!"
>2 Ne. 28: 24

Yes they can be eaten. Rather tasty, but really fatty!

It is pretty obvious in this case that they were out just kill them!

>I guess i'm getting old. Just
>dont see the point.

I guess I am getting old also. When I see videos like that just maybe I'll join the Sierra Club or maybe the Friend out of Kanab. If course I'm kidding, but in my old age, things like that are better off not on a video. I have no problem with the taking of game or if they are a problem animal, but why not just punch some paper.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-11-15 AT 11:50AM (MST)[p]22-250
41 grains of H380
55 grain v-max
cci magnum primer
3847 fps with an 18 fps deviation.

For my barrel, this recipe is like launching a rocket...... boooom!!

2Pointer
www.jglowblinds.com

Cannonball,

They are a problem animal. They will completely destroy a field. That is where I hunt, at the edges of fields with rock outcrops. I appreciate that you are being kind about it even though you disagree with it.

2Pointer
www.jglowblinds.com

>LAST EDITED ON Apr-11-15
>AT 11:50?AM (MST)

>
>22-250
>41 grains of H380
>55 grain v-max
>cci magnum primer
>3847 fps with an 18 fps
>deviation.
>
>For my barrel, this recipe is
>like launching a rocket...... boooom!!
>
>
>2Pointer
>www.jglowblinds.com

Nice!!!!

LAST EDITED ON Apr-13-15 AT 10:16AM (MST)[p]No "vagina" here dryboot and I have no problem with wacking all the chucks and pdogs a guy has ammo for! It's putting this type of video out to the public on youtube with guys laughing about chucks dragging themselves off with their guts hanging out that not only turns a lot of us off, but also fence sitters watching that description of "hunting" that could vote us right out of our sport down the line if a vote comes up. That time may not be that far off the way they keep pecking away at us. I never thought a hunting state like MI would ever vote 7-1 against dove hunting, but it did up here a few years ago and it definitely makes you wonder what is next and when it will happen!

I agree. It has nothing to do with the "vaginas" on MM. It's the folks who will run into this flick on youtube and never stand on our side again.

I do lots of wonderfully acceptable things that should NEVER be on the web for all to see.

Example: I could say "hey guys, I made love to my wife" but I don't need to make a video and post it on the web so you can all see what a stud I am.

Remember, this isn't JUST a MM video. It's out there for all the fence-sitters to see.

I'm all for shooting chucks, pot guts and prairie dogs but I will not be sharing my success with the world.

Zeke

When he said he was "dragging his guts around", he WAS NOT laughing!

I figured the Vagina comment would ruffle some feathers :)

Image.

What image of hunters do you guys think this video offers to non-hunters?

Isn't hunter's image important for us??

That video does as much for hunter's image as tying your buck to the hood of your truck and driving around town all day does.

Over 80% of this country are non-hunters. They will inevitably control whether or not we hunt in the future....not us.

This is no different than the hundreds of hunting shows killing stuff on Tv. The green weenies don't like any animal killed. Fence sitters won't like watching a whitetail shot double lung and running off.

If this video is bad for our sport, Posing with your trophy dead animal and bragging is just as bad. They don't want to see either one.
So to hell with the Anti Douchebags. They don't like anything we do. And want to shut down everything we do.

I agree...to heck with the antis!! They don't agree with anything we do!!

But they're not the ones I was referring to...

Half the problem with society today is the complete lost grasp on reality. Meat is good just don't show the rendering plant. The anti crowd will never be pleased just like the gun haters.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom