Rocky Mountain Goats- Shoulder Mount or Full-Body Mount?

songdog

If you have ever taken or would like to take a Rocky Mountain Goat, Would you have a shoulder mount or a full- body mount of your goat? And why???? Pros/Cons???? Full body mounts are really nice but are expensive and take up a lot of room in the house. But, a full body mount really does a mountain goat justice as they are such unique critters...

Any photos of live or mounted goats are appreciated....

I am having a life size mount done with the WA billy I took last year. Yes it is expensive but I do have room for it so that was not a factor. I would consider a shoulder mount if I took a billy early that had a marginal coat. I think the horns are a sidebar when you look at a great haired goat. I will attach a pic of my Oct. 23 goat to show his great hair.

Glen

44d38d557b0c010f.jpg

Congrads on the goat and looks like he has gorgeous hair, great horns, and a large body! What was the timing of your hunt? My son has a tag here in Colo for the 3rd/4th week in Oct and I expect hair ought to be primo!

You could consider a half-life size. It should cost around $500-800 less than a life and save some space. You still get the nice pantaloons and real look. I think shoulder mounts just look plain.

my grandpa has gotten 2 and he has them both full body mounted and i think they look cool.

are mountain goat tags harder to get then sheep?

Ramslam, i would have driven up to WA from Az and put my foot where you wouldn't want it if you had just done a shoulder mount on that goat!!!
He is unreal!! WOW!!!

I have got to start putting in for those tags.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-04-06 AT 10:42PM (MST)[p]I had a space problem myself.....so I went with a 3/4 mount designed for a corner. I think you'll agree it turned out fantastic.

44d421003eed9281.jpg

44d42131419e0760.jpg

Great goats Ramslam, Zigga, and Predator! Beautiful animals, that's for sure. The mounts turned out great. Hopefully this fall I have the same dilema over what kind of mount to do since I have a Colorado goat tag. Predator - if you don't mind me asking, was the 3/4 mount less expensive than a full body? I really like how yours turned out.
Pointer

Pointer, it was a taaaaad less, not much. But well worth the money. I am so glad I waited for a winter-haired billy.

Thanks for all of your responses. Great looking goats and taxidermy work. It sure seems that a full body goat mount is the way to go....

By the way, go to www.Cabelas.com and click on Retail Stores.

Then, click on "View the Photos"

Then, scroll down and click on the photo of a mountain goat.

Awesome full body mount! You've got to see it for yourself.

Anybody got any "live" goat photos to share? Only 1 1/2 months to go.......

Thanks for the response Predator. Your mount did turn out great. Congrats on getting the story in Eastman's as well, sounded like an awesome hunt. How's the knee?
Pointer

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom