Rocky Mtn Bighorn Hunting Re-opens in Washington

ramslam

A tag to harvest one rocky mountain bighorn ram in the fall of 2005 was approved by the WDFW and awarded to the WAFNAWS Chapter to raffle. The "Blue Mountain Tag" includes Black Butte, Wenaha, and Tucannon herds. As you may know, these herds were decimated in 1995-96 due to a pneumonia die-off. Hunting seasons in Black Butte and Wenaha were closed in 1996; the Tucannon remained open until 1999. The state record Rocky Mtn Bighorn was taken in the late 1980's in Black Butte scoring 198+. Numerous B&C rams have been harvested in the Wenaha before its closure. The largest ram to ever come from the Tucannon (a Rocky/California mixed herd) was taken in 1999 and scored 180+.

The raffle will begin around the first of the year. Tickets will be sold by WAFNAWS for $20 each and no limit to the number purchased. Funds raised from this raffle will go back to support Rocky programs in the Blue Mountains.

See the link below to the WAFNAWS website for more information.

www.wafnaws.com

Glen A. Landrus
WAFNAWS President

LOL...what kind of ram do you want? The big boys will be challenging to find (190's) and could take a bunch of time. I told an outfitter friend of mine if he books the winner to book them on a 15 day hunt. About a month ago I got the GPS location on 14 rams to try to get some pictures for marketing; long story short I was whipped and couldnt find one!

I think you could find a book ram in any of the three units.

What a hunting opportunity it will be though!

Ramslam, When are you guys gonna call me? heh heh. Remind us again when the drawing is. I didn't get jack for the other drawings so I'm still hoping for a raffle.

Well with Washington and Arizona now out. Looks like this is one of the last raffles and IMO the one that offers the best trophy potential.

Mail orders due July 29.
Phone orders taken until Aug 2.
Drawing is Aug 3 in Olympia at WDFW Headquarters.

Go to www.wafnaws.com to download the flyer with address & phone number.

Glen

LAST EDITED ON Aug-03-05 AT 03:03PM (MST)[p]Well I'm waiting for the phone call,what time is the drawing taking place and when are they notifying the lucky person.

Thank you to all who supported Rocky Mtn Bighorn Sheep in Washington state by purchasing raffle tickets. We raised $68,260! Randy Pittman of Maryland is the lucky winner. I have been trying to post the information and pictures on our website but have been experiencing some technical problems. Two alternates were also drawn but to protect Randy's well-being I will not list their names!

Once again thank you all for your support and continue to watch www.wafnaws.com for some additional exciting news concerning Washington bighorns.

Glen A. Landrus
WAFNAWS President

Congrats to all that supported......I'm sure the $$ will be well spent. Maybe next year..but wait I still have 2 more raffles to go...LOL

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

Good for Randy in Maryland!

Ramslam.... real nice read in the new Eastmans on your Utah bull elk. congrats.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom