Rosa BLM land trade and archery season proposals

nmhntr

There are a couple of proposals on the list for the 2 Oct game commission meeting that people might want to be aware of. I am trying to be proactive and read before stuff passes --- instead of complaining afterwards!!

http://wildlife.state.nm.us/commission/briefings/index.htm

Three items:

1. Elimination of the 3 season archery hunts in the Gila - proposals is 2 seasons! Their presentation on the elk rule said that there were 37 negative comments to the 2 season proposal but surely there are more than that out here! I personally like the extra season so that I have a chance to draw a tag down there!!

2. Rosa land exchange??? I know absolutely nothing about this land exchange. Can someone fill me in on this?

3. Good thing that the commission is staring to limit the number of deer tags!

Read for yourself

http://wildlife.state.nm.us/commission/briefings/index.htm

+1

Going back to 2 archery seasons will destroy the drawing odds... their answer to help is adding... almost doubling the number of tags????????

Horrible drawing odds + tons more pressure and competition?

What a STUPID plan this is.

No clue on the land swap, but I'm sure it somehow will have a huge personal benefit to one of the commissioners.

Any idea where I can find the proposed changes to the COER for units 45, 49, 50 and 53. It says it is in the presentation, but I don't see it on the website.

How can we voice our opinions on the elimination of the 3rd season ? That has to be one of the most ignorant proposals I have heard. That is right up there with the proposal to reintroduce grizzly bears to the gila. That absolutely destroys draw odds in a pool that is already overpopulated. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to help.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-30-14 AT 05:50PM (MST)[p]If the gila goes to a 2 season area it'll ruin the unit and cost the state lots of money in revenue. Outfitters wouldn't be able to have as many hunts which limits the tax revenue from nonresidents and for the guides pay, and income the outfitters make. NMGF is a joke now a days. I wish they would take notes from arizona and Utah and learn that the gila has the potential to have bulls like AZ and UT if they would learn to manage it....

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom