Royal Ivory Outfitters CWMU Moose

RidgeRebel

Not sure how I pulled it off, but I drew a moose permit on the Royal Ivory CWMU. This is the hunt I have dreamed of my whole life and I never thought I would draw. Anybody have experience with this outfitter or hunted the property? I have always been a DIY guy but I am considering using the outfitter service as I will not ever have another chance to kill a bull moose. Any thoughts or advice would be very much appreciated.

Thank you
Bob

I actually just sold a gun yesterday, to a guy that guides on there, and he didn’t have anything good to say about the moose hunting. He said that he thought they had eliminated the moose tags this year because the herd wasn’t doing well and they didn’t think it could sustain it.

Couple good bulls on there website from last year
Screenshot_20230619-085637_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230619-085622_Chrome.jpg

I had a N. Slope Summit moose tag last year. One day while heading into Evanston for supplies I pulled in and stopped off and visited with this CWMU owner about his deer hunting. We didn't talk moose much. He was nice to me. Curious how the bulls wintered on the North Slope? Hope you have a great time.

My hunt was really tough, the moose that were around were at lower elevation out of the cwmu boundaries. The bulls from those pics were non existent. The land owner was helpful as well as some elk hunters but we only found one legal bull the entire hunt and the other hunter who spent 25 points went home empty. He left early even. Very few moose in the boundaries of the cwmu. I did kill the one bull we found on the last morning and I was grateful for the chance.
1000001774.jpg

My hunt was really tough, the moose that were around were at lower elevation out of the cwmu boundaries. The bulls from those pics were non existent. The land owner was helpful as well as some elk hunters but we only found one legal bull the entire hunt and the other hunter who spent 25 points went home empty. He left early even. Very few moose in the boundaries of the cwmu. I did kill the one bull we found on the last morning and I was grateful for the chance.
View attachment 136434
How did the elk look on this CWMU?

I don’t know the CWMU but knowing where it’s located, I’d imagine the elk took a beating last winter.

Not a fan of CWMU hunt I drew it and it sucked. The dates they gave me also sucked I shot a tiny moose. My wife drew the North slope tag the following year it was a blast and she shot a nice moose.

There were a lot of elk on the property. I probably would have traded my moose tag for an elk tag after the third day if given a chance. Most of the bulls were not mature but we saw many bull elk every day. You could probably expect a 280 or a little better class bull if you sort the many bulls you will see. The elk hunt there would be really fun, but it's not a trophy cwmu.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom