Rubys or Jarbridge

buckmster28

Planning on doing a pack in archery trip this year and was just looking to get some opinions on what people thought was a better hunt the Rubys or Jarbridge, or maybe even somewhere else. Any info on a packer to pack me in and pick me back up would be appreciated as well.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters out of Lamoille is the best I have come across in that part of the state. They can hook you into some great Elko County hunting for a good price.

And by the way, it is Jarbidge (drop the second "r"). The locals get a little touchy about that.

Pick up Eastmans latest bowhunting journal. Those places are getting awful crowded from what I'm hearing.

Hey Jason i would recomend unit 6 for a fun archery hunt. U can still get away from most everybody in that unit and i can hook u up in some good spots to check out. I have hunted bow there 3 times and had some chances at a couple great bucks and got some 24 to 26inchers to take home. I hunt other units now but still love that country and hate it at the same time if U know what i mean.

I was packed into the Rubys by secret pass outfitters. They charged me 500 per person and you could take 150 pounds each. Great hunt and some awesome country.

nevadaanimatedhelmetwd2.gif

I went in durring the ML hunt and was way to high(overland lake).
I was walking two to three miles down to get to the deer and walking back up at night. If I went archery I would go there. ML and rifle I would only go part way up the mountain. Did see a few 28 to 30s though.

nevadaanimatedhelmetwd2.gif

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom