Ruidoso Fire

elkhunter49

A buddy told me he had seen some photos of a large fire just NE of Ruidoso. I believe a prayer is in order for all the good folks living in the area. I spoke to a man on friday who lives just south of Ruidoso downs and he mentioned several times how dry it has been there. Prayers sent from SE Texas. Baker

I had not heard about it, but, have been working outside.

With the winds we are having that is not good.

Paul, it started in gavilan caynon and is gettin pretty big. they evacuated ruidoso downs and several other subdivisions. the smoke made it to portales!! it was moving NE but i looked at the wind this morning and its coming from the north so maybe they can get a handle on it today. it has got a few houses already. Not Good!! this could be a very bad fire year so make sure y'all are real careful outside.

I have a sister that lives about ten minutes from the Ruidoso Downs. Called her and she said it was pretty bad. My nephew is with the hotshot crew down there and said they could not get a handle on it until the winds calm down.

As dry as it has been here in NM it's going to be a long 8 weeks of spring winds. A house in Omega burned up in nothing flat the other day,all the fire dept. could do was keep it from spreading.Come on Monsoons!!

did you say "A" house in omega? So that means that Omega itself burned down? Not sure if that's a bad thing. If your talking about the same omega i'm thinking about by quemado then it was a junked trailer house in the middle of a massive junk yard. Not sure anyone even lives in it anymore and then insurance money may just afford them a bette place to live. That one may have been a blessing in disguies.

The house was about a mile down the road from the junkpile known as Omega on the hwy.....wrong place burned!! That place Stinky has been a mess for years,they were told to clean it up by the state,county and BLM....but it just seems to breed more mess,folks actually live in that hovel....

People live there? You have got to be kidding me! they need to be evicted and the place needs to be napalmed!

As for the house that burned I know the place you are talking about. I kept seeing a bull pushing the 350 class crossing the road there several mornings straight last october heading to unit 15.

Thats sad to hear. I hope those people have some place to live or at least had insurance. My prayers go out for them.

The place that burned had been vacant and for sale,too bad it was an OK place. The junk pile on the corner is the mess with habitants...if you could call them that. And there's no decent bulls here Stinky......wink-wink. Big fire by Socorro too!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom