Rumor of giant whitetail N. ID

Christian

Hate be part of any rumor mill, but I've heard from two people that there was a giant of a whitetail killed in N. Idaho 2011.

I'M NOT SAYING ONE WAS KILLED, just wondering if anyone can confirm?

The Christian

No, I have not heard about it. Would not be suprised, but I have not even heard rumors..... and these tend to be small town rumor mills up in N. ID. It would be pretty easy to escape the rumors, if it were a Non-Resident who shot it and took it home.... I guess it also makes a difference on "HOW" big it is. Idaho does not kick out many top end buck per year, but our top 20 or so bucks on record are as big as any place in the country.... Especially when talking Non-typical.

thanks for chiming in.
Do you know which Eastman's edition?

I heard it was like a 260" buck?????????

The Christian

It's in the latest issue on page 18,score is 250,shot in northern Idaho by a college student around Moscow. What a great whitetail!

Wow, it is real. If it is 250 gross, that puts it around number 3 all time Idaho according to Hatfield's greatest Idaho Whitetails.

I don't get Eastman's currently, anyone willing to post a pic?

Thanks

The Christian

LAST EDITED ON Feb-03-12 AT 04:13PM (MST)[p]Is this the Daws buck from 2010?

Ton of eye guards, Kid has a couple of set of sheds off the deer, The sheds have a goofy hollow base on them?

Robby,
It's Levi Dawes that killed the buck. I scored it for him and it is #3 in the state at 250-7/8 net. Levi's really lucky, in that the buck has the characteristics of a stag, except hard-horned. It could have given the decision-makers fits as to whether or not to let it in, but thankfully, 2-3 years' worth of sheds were found, proving the buck did legitimately shed his antlers. Levi and his dad, Denny, are both EXCELLENT people, and I enjoyed spending the day with them. Down to earth Idahoans not caught up in the craze (other than hunting hard). Will have it in the 2nd edition of the whitetail book, if and when that ever happens. Working too dang hard on the 2nd mule deer book now (it'll knock your socks off - 600 pages, full color, and LOADED).
Ryan

Thanks Ryan,

Great story on the buck and measuring.

I can't wait to see your next WT book, loved the first one. A great resource you have put together.

We took our kids to the State Capital in Boise last week and saw your "Idaho's Greatest..." books on display in the historical Idaho books section. I thought that was great, as they are Idaho's history.

Good luck with the Elk Hunter mag, too.

The Christian

LAST EDITED ON Feb-04-12 AT 08:18AM (MST)[p]Good to hear all the feedback and confirmation, but a picture is worth a thousand words. Normally I am a supporter of not posting other peoples deer until they bacome public, and since this has been in Eastman's how about someone post a pic.

PS Hey Ryan, I live near Boise and don't have the Whitetail book yet. I've about worn out the elk and muley book as probably look at it 5 days a week in the off season. Where is the best place to find it? Or can I get it through you?

Here is a picture I took with my phone from the mag!

8965img_2056.jpg

BPKHunter,
In Boise, you can get it at the Capitol Gift Shop, Workman Outfitters on Vista, or at Buckhorn Gun Shop on Ustick.
You can also email me at [email protected] if you want one that way. Thanks.

Robby,
Thanks for the comments!

>thank you Abiggerfish2fry
>
>You've satisfied the curiousity of a
>bunch of internet deer hunters!
>
>
>The Christian

Your welcome!

It is a toad. Saw it in our Outdoor section of the paper. Shot North of Moscow, ID.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom