Rumors

tagsoup

I've heard rumors that there were less applications this year than tags being offered. Anyone else hear this?

17,000 NR Combo Tags.
4,600 General deer Tags.

Those are the main draw tags available. There are also some Nonresident come home to hunt tags, and landowner sponsored tags (not included in the coombo and gen tags).

I have a hard time believing this as they are probably still processing paper applications. Wonder how many landowner deer applications were received, would make sense that those would be down as well.

I think its quite possible

Recent price hikes + bad economy + all of the family member/student non-res exceptions the FWP is offering + wolves = less people applying? Sure sounds possible to me.

Official number of leftover tags will be known bt April 1. Needless to say though they are planning to start selling the leftovers April 18. Quick phone call can find this out.

I called FWP today and was told they do have a surplus of the big game combos-Hatrick

So of they start to sell the surplus tags over the counter april 18th, all the NR's that didnt put in for the draw save the 20 bucks for not buyin a BP, and do they STILL get to enter the special draws?

My first year applying in MT as a non-res. Just got off the phone to figure out what my ALS # is and the guy told me that the deer/elk combo will be a 100% draw but is technically not completed yet. He said I should receive my license by April 13th.

Ryan

If there is no draw for the deer / elk combo do you think they should refund the $20 prefrence point fee? I'm sure they will keep it.

Should people that buy leftover licenses be able to put in for the special Permits?

I don't see a problem with people buying a leftover and putting in for the special permits. I don't think you will see very many leftover permits sold anyway.

Prayers were answered! Actually, the drawing hasn't occured but due to the massive increase in non-resident licenses there were NOT ENOUGH tags applied to fill the quota, hence anyone who applied will be awarded a license with 100% certainty. Remember, they need to fill the quota for non-residents to make their BUDGET because at the price of resident tags they couldn't keep the department afloat for 3 months! I bet they crash their servers when the last 2,000 go on sale!

Dean Parisian
www.teammuleys.com

Got my answer on the $20 bonus point fee?

" No, the bonus point program is a voluntary program and we didn't know that it was going to be a 100% draw. "

I guess thats true and can't fault them on that. It never hurts trying to get $20 back.

>Got my answer on the $20
>bonus point fee?
>
>" No, the bonus point program
>is a voluntary program and
>we didn't know that it
>was going to be a
>100% draw. "
>
>I guess thats true and can't
>fault them on that. It
>never hurts trying to get
>$20 back.

good luck with that!

>Prayers were answered!
>Actually, the drawing hasn't occured
>but due to the massive
>increase in non-resident licenses there
>were NOT ENOUGH tags applied
>to fill the quota, hence
>anyone who applied will be
>awarded a license with 100%
>certainty. Remember,
>they need to fill the
>quota for non-residents to make
>their BUDGET because at the
>price of resident tags they
>couldn't keep the department afloat
>for 3 months! I
>bet they crash their servers
>when the last 2,000 go
>on sale!
>
>Dean Parisian
>www.teammuleys.com

I bet they have a hard time selling those last 2000 tags. I don't think people will be rushing in to drop $1000.

Their only short 1200, and I bet they go fast. 7700 applied for the 4600 deer combo's so I think its a safe bet.

I wanted to take a scalp,but the kill was not mine.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom