Running Cattle

MeatMissile

I was wondering if any MM'ers knows of anybody who raises cattle within 2 hours of Denver. I moved here from the country and want to get back to doing some farm work. I am looking to learn more about cattle and would love to volunteer some weekend time to get out of the city. In other words I'm willing to offer up some free hard labor and figured somebody on here might have some connections.

Mainly interested in grass fed production and not really the feedlot aspect, but any experience is good experience.

If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

thanks,

You might consider asking around Greely; there are a few feedlots out that way. They may know of some locals.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

Contact your state/local cattlemens association.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Meat, telephone your local Colorado State Cooperative Extension service. They have a office in every county in the state and the local farm adviser (county agent) knows the ins and outs of the area as good or better than anyone. They are in the phone book--give them a call for some honest information. Cowtag

Thanks for all the suggestions. I will check out these contacts.

Southmountain- Thanks for your contact information. I will definitely send you an email and maybe we can set something up or you can hook me up with somebody.

Thanks again.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom