rut activity in SE part of state

D

desertambusher

has anyone seen any rutting activity in this part of state preferably units 30 and 31? Ive been out but all the doe I've seen had no buck with them?> is it going to be a late rut? or is it avg to be no rut yet?

I was feeling kinda randy the other day, but, a cold shower took care of that. :)

First stages for sure. Some medium size bucks already showing up with the does, next couple weeks will see if there are any big boys left.

We saw a few nice bucks and one monster non-typicl on monday. We did see quite a few doe with out bucks. Lke Paul said its he first stages of the rut. It will only get better.

2896image.jpg

Saw him with about 20 does and another small buck... He's on the hit list come January 1

Been watching this guy every morning and evening for the last 15 days. He is number 2 on my hit list come January archery.

Looks like we may hit the rut dead on or at least while its happenin this year! Can't wait!

I went out glassing yesterday and had a nice 4x4 standing right off the road when I drove by he never moved. I cam back by about a hour later and he was still there. This time I stopped and rolled down the window so my 4yr old daughter could see. Then i noticed why he hadn't moved. There was a doe bedded about 15yds from him in the grass. i hope that he is still standing in the same spot come Wednesday. Good Luck to everyone heading out

>Been watching this guy every morning
>and evening for the last
>15 days. He is number
>2 on my hit list
>come January archery.
>

This buck is #2 on your "hit list" huh. Lol that's funny. To many hunting shows ontv for you man.

The day after Christmas, I watched a big 3x 'bulling' a doe at my sisters, down in Ruidoso. He stayed on her for 20 min all over the place and then followed her off property.

It seems kinda odd considering all the late born fawns all over the place. There was one who was just loosing it's spots.

Good luck all you bow hunters heading out in the morning. Here are some pics of a buck from this afternoon.

3935dsc_0061.jpg

2186dsc_0092.jpg

1301dsc_0095.jpg

435dsc_0161.jpg

these were last friday nothing big but the rut was in full swing.

2475dsc_0036.jpg

4351dsc_0052.jpg

muliefanatic

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom