Rut

C

comulies09

Anyone seen any signs of the mule deer rut starting up in Colorado yet?

I'm heading out in a few days and was wondering if the deer had "other" things on their minds.

Bucks are in the early stages in my area. 2 fighting yesterday, rattled one in 2 days ago. Necks are swollen, but the does are just not ready yet. The peak will be the full moon on the 2nd.

I went out on holloween weekend hunting deer and the bucks didnt look like they were in rut yet. I did see a forky in rut, he had a swollen neck and was chasing does, he was even doing the lip curl. The group I shot my deer in had about 15 deer and the bucks (5 of them) were not doing any thing. Good luck.

Go to the post "what will they score" and you will see some rutting activity. I shot some video of a buck that had a doe locked down and only let her out of his sight when a rival showed up in the field. he left the doe to intimidate the intruder and then ran back to his doe when some smaller bucks started sniffing around her. Buck #2 is the one with the doe locked down. He ran off any other bucks that came near her. Unfortunately, I didn't upload all the footage but you can tell they are in rut.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom