Sad hunting accident

tyef350

Lost a good man on monday due to a very sad freak accident. A co worker/friend of mine died of a tragic accident while hunting deer in southern utah with a friend and his son. His boy shot a buck monday and while his dad was helping cape the deer he accidently stabbed himself in his chest hitting his heart. I feel so bad for his son and the rest of his family.If his family reads this just know your dad was the coolest guy i know he would do anything for anyone. Its never going to be the same at work without him so many people hurting. There must be a dang good reason god needed him up there. Until we see you again RIP Joe!!!!!!! Miss ya brotha

What a tragedy. I have never heard of such an accident. Does anyone have any additional details?

Hawkeye

Browning A-Bolt 300 Win Mag
Winchester Apex .50 Cal
Mathews Drenalin LD

My prayers are being sent to his friends and family. RIP

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Wow. That is just horrible! Prayers to the whole family and be sure to keep us updated. Anything that can be done for the family let us know!

He is my aunts brother. This is the most I have been able to find out about the accident. From what I have read on Facebook he was a really great man. I hate to hear of one of our fellow hunters getting injured doing what we all love. Thoughts and prayers go out to all of his family and friends.

>Wow. That is just horrible! Prayers
>to the whole family and
>be sure to keep us
>updated. Anything that can be
>done for the family let
>us know!

Ill find out at work if they are going to raise money i would think they will do something. Everyone be careful out there

Terrible news, sorry about your friend. I knew a guy who cut his femoral artery gutting a moose. He lived...barely. Prayers sent.

WhiskeyMan,

What an inconsiderate A$$hole. Accidents happen dude. This is someones husband/father/brother/friend etc etc etc. Have some compassion/empathy for the guy and his family. Prayers to the family

Founder. Please DELETE Whiskeymans POST, what an IDIOT! unreal.

Sorry to hear about the loss. What a horrible event,

Sad situation. My heart goes out to all family and friends.

Whiskey Man, you need a serious kick in the nuts.....What an ASS!

"If God did not intend for man to hunt animals, he would have made broccoli more fun to shoot"

>This is just another case of
>gene pool chlorination.

Speaking of which, let's clean out our own pool, starting with this #####. If this isn't cause for a permanent ban, I don't know what is.

You gotta be one miserable s.o.b. whiskeyman.

Sorry to hear about your friend Tye, thoughts and prayers go out to the family. Sad deal.

"The value of any trophy from the field depends not on its size but on the magnitude of the effort expended in its pursuit." ~ Aldo Leopold

Very Sad . The family and freinds have my prayers.

Maybe if they had a radio could have called in help quiker?

+1 on WM STFU

Whiskey man you're a POS plain and simple,i hope one day a guy like you gets gang raped by the harlem globetroters and left to rot in a ditch.My prayers go out to the family,God bless.

very tragic. but i wonder how he managed to do that ? was he skinning with a 5 " knife. very sad the boy lost his dad

So sorry to hear of this horrible accident. Nobody knows why these things happen but rest assured he is in a better place. Prayers go out to his son and family.

Whiskeyass, If you were sitting at my camp fire you would be eating those word!!You are a heartless person who lacks morals, manners and compassion!!

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

LAST EDITED ON Oct-06-11 AT 06:35AM (MST)[p]Sad deal and my thoughts go out to the family and friends. I can only imagine how his son is feeling having been there when it happened.

Now...

WhiskeyMan.. To me there is nothing worse than a Internet tough guy coward. You seem to love to rain on other peoples parades which makes me really wonder about you.

By the way you need to drop the Man part out of your handle...
It does not apply to you.

I'll bet in real life your a real hard a$$... NOT!
Your the type of coward that lurks / hides behind your
keyboard and gets your jollies at other peoples expense.

I will say as another posted you do need a good kick in the nuts but that begs another question.. Do ya have any???

I'm thinking not..

I'll bet your sitting on your sorry a$$ getting a real kick out of all of the attention your receiving from your sick deranged comment.

They don't come much lower on the food chain than you with comments like that. You should really be ashamed of yourself to even think about posting a comment like that but I'm thinking you just are not wired that way.

Guess your mother just didn't show you enough attention.

You can kiss my a$$ tough guy!

+100000 What Model-70-guy said.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Terrible accident, so sorry for the loss to family and friends.

Whiskeybeotch, you are as low as they come. If I was at the Kingfish campfire I'd be kicking you in the sack while he made you eat your words.

+100 on the permanent ban.

Bill

Look out Forkie, FTW is watching us!

My prayers to the family...I don't like to judge people, I feel it has no bearing in my life. But Whiskeyman if you don't re-tract your comment, Karma will be looking for you...

Terrible tragedy... So sorry to hear about such an ordeal and loss of a good man...

Whiskeyman needs to be nuked...

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

LAST EDITED ON Oct-06-11 AT 08:41AM (MST)[p]It's a horrible story, i'm so sorry for the loss.

It's also sad that someone lower than toilet stains would be so inconsiderate to ruin the thread with his blatant stupidity.
Crawl back under your rock whiskey, your a POS.

First off.....my most sincere condolences to any and all who knew this man. How easy it is for us(some of the most resilient men/women alive) to forget just how fragile our own lives can truly be and how quickly tragedy can find us. Amongst all the other often overlooked perils of our chosen passion in life, field knifework has got to be right near the top. I am willing to bet each and every one of us over the years have had countless moments hunched over in awkward stances.......often on steep and slippery hillsides working with very sharp knives. I am also willing to bet that among those moments there were instances where each of us has slipped with our own knives and don't even realize the mere matter of inches or less we have come to a serious or even life altering/threatening situation. While fatalaties of this kind are thankfully rare.....I bet it would be sobering if we knew just how close many of us just might have come to a similar end. A sad reminder for each of us to be that much more alert in the field and that much more prepared to deal with an emergency. Again, my heart goes out to all of those whose lives this man obviously enriched. Be careful out there guys and remember that knife safety begins by working with a really sharp one.

Atleast the Whiskeyman comment was deleted. Atleast I couldn't and didn't see it.

I shared this thread with the family that this post is about. I can only hope they did not read his post as you all did.

Thanks for all the support MM forum members!

My condolences to the family (especially the son) for the pain they must be experiencing right now. May the sport of hunting keep your dad's memory alive as you continue on in your hunting career. I'm sure he wouldn't want you to give it up and let this tragedy haunt you for the rest of your life!

BTW, whiskeydouche, we have some nice folks on this site. You are one person who IS NOT welcome at my fire anytime. I wouldn't stop at just a kick in the nuts... I would take it one step further and castrate you you inconsiderate bastage! You don't deserve a pair of your own!

EG

campfire2.gif
"A man can be hard to find in the mountains, but you're welcome at my fire anytime."

From a person well acquainted with loss, my heart and prayers go out to the family.

}}-SLIVER-->

Does anyone know anything about doing a trust fund thing at a bank they are raising a lil money at work but i want to do more for this guy and his family. He was working two jobs and i just found out his wife was layed off a short time ago. With all the hard times for this family i want to do more for them. His son that was with him was on a two week leave from the air force. Let mw know if anyone knows how to go about setting something up last thing a family should worry about is money and paying for funeral stuff etc. I just know i would want the same for my wife and kid if this was me. I have had a couple close calls been cut before working on a animal could of been me. Be careful out there. Joe was one hell of a guy so glad to have had a chance to work with him.

I know all of us on this MM website can step up and do something for this family.It hits us all at home cause all of us love the outdoors.

My prayers to all involved.
I don't think you need a trust per se, just an account where people can deposit money to manage contributions and make it easier for people to donate. Just go down to the bank, they should be able to help you. If they can't, try a different bank.

horrible accident - prayers to family and freinds of Joe!

as far as whiskeyman - CHRIS- MM moderators please 86 this guy everyother website has !!!

God only no's

To the family, may god be your strength as you go down this dark road. And as you do when things get hard feel
him he is near . Joe RIP.

And my prayers, are with the family,friend's and
loved one's .

( lost in the woods )

>horrible accident - prayers
>to family and freinds of
>Joe!
>
>
>
>
>
>as far as whiskeyman -
> CHRIS- MM moderators
>please 86 this
> guy everyother website
>has !!!

That is a done deal, thanks Founder..

>Does anyone know anything about doing
>a trust fund thing at
>a bank they are raising
>a lil money at work
>but i want to do
>more for this guy and
>his family. He was working
>two jobs and i just
>found out his wife was
>layed off a short time
>ago. With all the hard
>times for this family i
>want to do more for
>them. His son that was
>with him was on a
>two week leave from the
>air force. Let mw know
>if anyone knows how to
>go about setting something up
>last thing a family should
>worry about is money and
>paying for funeral stuff etc.
>I just know i would
>want the same for my
>wife and kid if this
>was me. I have had
>a couple close calls been
>cut before working on a
>animal could of been me.
>Be careful out there. Joe
>was one hell of a
>guy so glad to have
>had a chance to work
>with him.

Let us know what you where you get it set up I will donate. I think Wells Fargo does these quite often.

Keep us posted!

So sorry to hear of the tragic loss.
Condolences to the friends and family of this man.
If I can find some good, it will make me think about my actions with a bit more clarity.
Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom