Sad news about Tred Barta

Wow. Crazy out of the blue.

Mark
muledeer.jpg

Oh man...that is sad news. Love to watch that show. He's one of few that will show his mistakes and misses on film. Tred's a hell of a fighter...sure hope he comes through.

Tred was the guest speaker at our Colorado Bowhunters Association awards banquet a couple of years ago. There was a lot of controversy, I won't go into details, but in the end, most folks left with a different opinion of him, in a positive way.

He hosted our "teen scene" and did an awesome job. In fact, I've never seen any other high profile Bowhunter bond with the kids like he did. He made certain all had a good time.

Tred didn't charge for his services that night, he did it all because he wanted to give back, he even donated merchandise sales(DVD's, book sales, etc) back to the CBA.

When the Banquet was over, Tred left with his good friend "Big Dan" only to discover his truck had been broken into and some valuable items were taken. I talked to "Big Dan" and he told me that this sort of thing happens to him all the time, he even get's death threats.

I have a lot of respect for Tred, he sticks to his guns and doesn't back down to anyone. He's a great spokesman and role model for Bowhunting, Hunting in general.

I hope he heals well; my prayers are with him and his family.

4a14a0656a612897.jpg

4a14a0826ac6963c.jpg

4a14a0946c795a73.jpg

Later,
Vince Martinez

Thanks for sharing that with us Vince. Its good to hear the good stories about people, when most the time it's the other way around.

Heres to a speedy recovery for Mr. Barta.

"Its My way, The Barta way."

Steve
www.muledeercountry.com

This is a sad deal, and should remind all of us how fragile life really is.

Vince, thanks for the first hand information on your experience with Tred.

Hope he makes a full recovery, and even if he doesn't he doesn't seem like the kind of guy to give up a fight.

Good luck Tred!

Watched him try to kill a coyote with a wood arrow. Never even got close, filmed it and put it on his show. Who else does this? In the world of the bonecollectors, The crush,and all the other clown shows with the "alpha" male, Bartas show showed the effort, the miss, the mistake, and the real love of what he does. He actually is what most of those guys profess to be. I hope he beats it!

Never met the guy, didn't even know who he was until last year
when I got the outdoor channels.

Seems like he has a strong personality. What I like about him is his hunts go alot like mine,not always perfect and he is not afraid to show it.
On one of his hunts up north they were camped out on a boat. He starts going off about all the 'scent block' stuff..He says ..you are camped on a boat, full of diesel, frying bacon and eggs, No sent block is going to help you out.
Strong personality or not, sitting around the campfire, I think I would get along with him just fine,not sure about during the day though. :)

Prayers and best wishes to Tread and his family.

Whether or not you approve of his shot choices, he is one fellow hunter that you would always want on your side. I send him a message wishing him well. I do wish him all the best!

Some of the shots he takes make me cringe, but I do admire his personality and "realness". Some hunting personalites seemed so canned, just trying to push their sponsors latest product, but Tred is a real guy. A little bit of a goofball, but I think that is why I like him. I hope he fully recovers, but if not, I can just see him lobbing arrows from a wheelchair and having a great time doing it.

Dax

Wow, that is too bad, never heard of a spinal stroke before.
Like him or not that is just plain bad luck...

Stop Global Whining

I've always enjoyed his shows for many of the reasons you guy's mentioned. I know a lady here in town that I played hockey with that had the same thing happen to her. It took her about 18 months but she's back to a 100%. Hopefuly God will bless Tred in the same way keep in our prayers.

Good to hear there is some hope for recovery, Damn things like this let us all know whos really in charge! As tough as we think we are, life can change in a second. I will hope and pray for Tred.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom