Sad News

Smokepole

A very good friend of mine and avid hunter died last night in a terrible shop accident. He loved to spend time in the outdoors and was very willing to share what he knew with others. As a member of the hunting fraternity, he will be surely missed. My deepest sympathy and condolences go out to his family. (Name is being withheld until official anouncements have been made)

Smokepole

Sorry to hear about it, send my bests to the family. Hope he's going to some happier hunting grounds.

Sorry to hear about your friend. Give us more details when your able. Thanks, Greg

Mike,

Sorry to hear you lost a friend. It's never easy to lose someone. Wish you and his family the best.

Here's the news article out of Richfield, Utah.

Accident claims Redmond man
By David Anderson - Associate Editor
Tuesday, April 28, 2009 4:26 PM MDT
SIGURD - An industrial accident took the life of a 32-year-old Redmond man Monday afternoon in Sigurd.

The accident occurred when Cody L. Mickelsen and two other employees of D&A McRae Trucking were in the process of transferring used oil from a holding tank to another holding tank, according to information released by the Sevier County Sheriff's Office.

?They were using air pressure to push the oil from one tank to the next,? said Det. Nate Curtis, Sevier County Sheriff's Office. Mickelsen went to shut off a valve after the transfer when a welded seam on the tank ruptured.

Mickelsen was between the end of the tank and a cement wall, and was killed instantly, Curtis said.

There were no other injuries in the accident.

The cause of the accident is being investigated by federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration.

I spent time with Cody last fall on the deer hunt. Cody invited my son and I to hunt with him, his family and friends. We felt welcomed in their camp even before we were on the Mountain. We had a wonderful camp and my son and I learned from Cody as we spent a memorable time together last fall. We started planning for the 2009 deer hunt and talked of doing other outings together. Cody will be missed, his passion for the outdoors and the friend he was.

My Thoughts and Prayers go out to Cody's Family.

Smokepole

May he forever hear the sound of a twinkling star, smell a flower bloom in the early spring, and taste the shade of a tall Pine.

Prayers to his family and friends,

Todd

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom