SAD STORY :-(

Califelkslayer

Long Time Member
I left to scout 111-115, 221 222 for elk friday. Before I got to Reno my truck kept stalling. Probably 9-10 times in 10 miles. Tough decision but I headed home and it stalled approx 40 times in the 60 miles home. Anyways, the Ford service center says it's ready for pickup tomorrow. Only have 3 days this weekend but plan to make the most of it.

Made the most of it. Got the horse trailer wiring fixed. Shot over 60 rounds yesterday. Wife's 7mm-08 loves a 139 gr Hornady SST in front of 47 grains of H414. .280 shot under 1.5 inches with the same bullet regardless of the charge. Sure I'll go with the hottest. Best of all, the muzzy was 1.5 inches with .338 grain Powerbelt and 100 grains BH209. Couldn't get the .338 under 1.75 inches :-( I'll shoot it some more. Hopefully in the afternoon while scouting this weekend.

Oh yea, the horses all got rode. I think the mare and I finally bonded. :)

Too BAD, but the scouting should be better this coming weekend anyway....with the rut progressing.
Oh yea.....I'm doing a good job of not bashing on your Ford! The therapy has helped ;)
Drive safe and have a good scout!

Hunter,

Hate to say it but someone will....FORD...fix or repair daily.

Hope that all goes well and get back on the road.

Brian

I'd say something about the kind of truck too but I don't want to jinx my upcoming trip.
At least it was a scouting trip and not the start of the hunt.
Good luck, hope all goes well from here on out.

Probably the cam positioning sensor. They are only $25 now so it pays to carry a spare. Good luck on your hunt
Wes

Unfortunately it wasn't the cam positioning sensor!! That did get replaced via recall. I made it over after work Fri and came home Mon afternoon. Bulls were vocal.. Saw lots the day I glassed Grafton. Found a couple of "sleeper" spots I'll have to check just prior to the season. Looks like I may have up to 3 guys showing up 3 days prior to the season to help me cover some ground. One is gonna stay for at least the first couple of days.

Didn't really see where the horses will benefit me much before a kill but they'll be along anyways and I'm hoping to check out a couple of remote areas just before the season.

Hey, I ignored the FORD comments but just let me say this. Truck was a new 2000 in Oct 1999. In 30 months I had 97,000 miles when my odometer went out. I guesstimating I have over 300,000 and under 330,000 now. Don't want to jinx myself either but I am very pleased. Secret???? 7.3 versus 6.0/6.2/6.4 whatever the new one is AND a manual 6 speed.

Anyone want to buy a 2000 Ford with ONLY 97,000 miles :)

Hunter,
What was the outcome of the problem on the truck? My friend also has a 2000 Ford F-350 Diesel crew cab but no where near the mileage you have.

Brian

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom