SAD!!!

Not sure this is the appropriate time to try and point out the difference between the two. A gun went off unintentionally, killing someone. That is by all definitions, an accident.
Yet we condemn this sort of thing all the time when it is not someone that is known or within a community of like minds.

I am sure you have been involved in conversations in person or on the internet (or both) where an accidental discharge has happened and you've condemned it. Just because it isn't the right scenario for you doesn't mean Homer isn't right.

How many times have we condemned police on an "accidental discharge"? Because we feel they should be properly trained...... Well, I feel you should be properly trained if you are out hunting.

Yet we condemn this sort of thing all the time when it is not someone that is known or within a community of like minds.

I am sure you have been involved in conversations in person or on the internet (or both) where an accidental discharge has happened and you've condemned it. Just because it isn't the right scenario for you doesn't mean Homer isn't right.

How many times have we condemned police on an "accidental discharge"? Because we feel they should be properly trained...... Well, I feel you should be properly trained if you are out hunting.
Until any of us were standing there and witnessed exactly what went down, it’s no one’s place to call it anything except for an accident. Negligent, possibly. There’s no details available to the public other than a person was shot and killed, on accident. To us reading the article, that’s all it is. And a very sad reminder to always be mindful of your firearms, where they are pointed and who or what is down range of them at all times.

It's a new day.

If any of us had anything to say about Alec Baldwin, then it was this. Never point a loaded weapon at something you don't intend to kill.

The key being "loaded".

No rifle fires from the magazine. Having one in the chamber, on an ATV, is how the lady was killed. That's not an accidental discharge, its negligence

We don't let one off because "she's a nice lady", and a hunter. While we pile on Alec Baldwin, because he's an asshat.

Doesn't change the sadness of a life lost, but we as gun owners, can't be hypocrites.

An innocent lady lost her life because somebody who loved her made a mistake.

The fact that some people jump to an internet circle jerk on the semantics of assigning blame is regrettable.

Honesty doesn't change via circumstance.

I've read hundreds of articles about "accidental discharge", or "gun violence", or "killed by a gun"

None of those things are true, in every case.

Non loaded guns don't kill people.

We don't look the other way when it's Alec Baldwin. Or some faceless gang banger.

Doesn't change the horrific day that family had, but words matter, as does not assigning blame to inanimate objects.

And yes, it does matter. Read the headlines. "Killed while hunting". Hunting had nothing to do with it, and shouldn't be the cop out blame.

Still a shitty deal

Honesty doesn't change via circumstance.
Your posts on MM don't change what happened either.

There are people here that know this family personally and your "honesty" and moral equivalence isn't helping anybody.

Whenever somebody loses their life in the hunting community, the same ******* will show up to be a jerk. He openly admits it. Don't jump on the bandwagon with that guy. Just wish the family the best, hug those you love, and use it as a reminder to ALWAYS practice gun safety. Frankly, it could happen to any of us... whether by our own hand, or those we're hunting with.

Your posts don't change what happened either.

There are people here that know this family personally and your "honesty" and moral equivalence isn't helping anybody.

Yah?

Well hopefully a bunch of dudes sat around their dinner tables with their kids last night and talked about this. I did.

And bullshitting kids, or anyone for that matter about "accidental discharge", doesn't do anything.

Everyone killed by someone, is known by people.

Pretending we can't have sorrow for the family, and honesty about what happened is sophmoric.

I've had several friends over the years overdose. My heart breaks for their families, but no one pretends sticking that needle in their arm was "an accidental discharge"

Everyone can walk and chew gum at the same time

Very sad deal. My wife and Myself have known Lonnie and Lynette for 40 plus years. Awesome people and even a more awesome couple. Prayers to Lonnie and all the family/extended family. Hope they can get through this with some time. Will big a big void for this family and the extended family. ?

I don't know the family but I just got a call from my cousin who has known them for 30+ years.
The deceased gal's husband called my cousin to find out how to get through the loss of a spouse since my cousin lost his wife to cancer. Not going to be an easy row to hoe for him.
Such a tough deal for everyone involved.?

Zeke

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom