Safety Problem with Remington Model 700 Muzzleloader?

Horniac

Very Active Member
I recently bought a Remington Model 700 Muzzleloader in 50 caliber. On the first trip to the range, everything seemed to function normally though I started getting some misfires towards the end of my sesssion which I attributed to fouling of the breech and firing pin/bolt assembly. I remember BlueElk saying something regarding the need to make sure the bolt assembly and firing pin was cleaned or problems would result with this gun. I thoroughly cleaned the gun when I got home.

On my second trip out to the range, I noticed that the trigger seemed to be ultra sensitive, almost to the point of being a so called "hair trigger".

Later in the session, the gun would discharge when the bolt was cocked and I moved the safety from "Safe" to the "Fire" posistion. I immediately quit using the gun. I took the gun home and thoroughly cleaned it, but the problem still persists. My next step is to take it to the gunsmith in town who does Remington warranty repair work to have him look at it.

Any suggestions as to what the problem may be and has anyone else experienced a problem such as this with the Remington?

Thanks for your help.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom