Sage Grouse update-Nevada and California

Good news. Well, it looks like the State of Utah's "investment" in BGF was money well spent -- and it only cost us $4 million.

-Hawkeye-

Keep in mind this only applies to the Bi-state population between Nevada and California. The decision on the Greater Sage Grouse west-wide is yet to come. I don't see how they can find this now and do anything else later but one should never look for logic in the Endangered Species Act.

[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,I just stir it.[/font]

I agree NVB. My sarcasm got the best of me because I could just imagine the press release that will be issued.

-Hawkeye-

Hawkeye, I got your sarcasm. And you are correct, everyone is trying to jump on the bandwagon and take credit for this.

I just wanted to make the clarification on the Bi-state.

[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,I just stir it.[/font]

Today,?April 22, 2015?U.S. Senator Cory Gardner (R-CO) introduced federal legislation in support of state Sage-grouse conservation programs across all Western states. His bill, S. 1036, known as?the Sage-Grouse Protection and Conservation Act, will keep robust conservation efforts going by preserving the current partnerships built around state management of the species and preventing and?Endangered?Species Act (ESA) listing for the bird. ??

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom