Sako Finnlight

BPKHunter

Very Active Member
My research for a true quality off the shelf long-range rifle leads to this gun. Any other opinions, without spending too much more? I plan to reload my own, hoping for .75 MOA. Will be hunting long-range country here in Idaho for Deer, Elk, and Lopes. I hope for ethical 500 yard shots.

Your research is sending you in the right direction my friend. I have nothing but good to say about the Finnlight. It is a solid, light rifle, a joy to carry, and plenty accurate. What caliber are you looking into?

Himtn, is correct most of them are very well made and the shoot pretty good too. I believe their accuracy guarantee is 1" but the majority of the Sako's I've seen shoot with the right loads usually do quite a bit better than that. It's a good product.

My finnlight 300 Win Mag. Came with (in the box with the rifle)a target with three holes approximately 0.6 in. a crossed, stating they were shot (tester's name) with (ammo brand) factory ammo. I have owed alot of guns, this is the best shooter I have owned. And the trigger is beautiful, with a sharp clean break adjustable from I believe 2-4 LBS. The only flaw in the gun (if you could call it a flaw) is I have yet to find anything that can clean the rubberized grip (can't remember what it is called) parts. I bough a second clip for emergency reloading as well.
If you have access to one, cycle the bolt a few times, dry fire it, mount it, you will love the quality.
Did I tell you I love the trigger, LOL

There are only two types of people - The Hunters and the hunted,
I hunt.
Alchase

Click on the "old models" tab and you will be directed to the old 75 series rifles. The finnlight is among those listed. I'm not sure of the availability of the rifle.

That is correct, the 85s replaced the 75s

I want a TRG-42, I have been eyeballing one of those babies for a couple a years now.

I hunt.
Alchase

I have 2 of them, 300wsm and 270 win, best guns I've ever owned. They have been discontinued, so grab one if you see it. As far as the grips try soap and water.

I will try that, I agree with you, the best rifle I have owned as well.

I hunt.
Alchase

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom