SAKO Finnlight

woodruffhunter

Long Time Member
I looked at one of these guns the other day. To say I was impressed is an understatement. Do any of you have one? Specifically, the larger calibers? How is the recoil?

The action, weight.... was impressive..

I have one in .300 WSM. It's probably my favorite gun, smoothest non-custom action there is and it will shoot .75 MOA. It doesn't kick to bad for as light as it is. The stock design supposedly helps with that. Speaking of the stock, it's got a relatively long LOP and I just never felt like it was on par with the quality of the rest of gun. I just ordered a McMillen edge to take care of that.

I will be looking for something light weight and good quality like that Sako for my Grandson in 2013. It will be his first hunting rifle. He is a small guy...can that original stock be cut down? or would it be best to purchase a different rifle?. Is the stock composite or wood on that Sako. We are looking at needing to cut 2 inches off an adult stock...Input from you experienced rifle experts would be greatly apprecieted.. Thanks in advance :)

))))------->

LAST EDITED ON Nov-22-12 AT 10:23AM (MST)[p]Schleppy:

I appreciate the reply. I was curious about the recoil and how it shot (shoots).
I'd love to get it in a .243 or .300....

Trophyhunter:

It's a composite stock.

I have the older Model 75 finnlight in .300 WSM. I love it. After 7 years of hunting deer, elk, and antelope with it, it's darned near a member of the family. I don't think the recoil is too bad, though my wife would disagree. If I had the money, I would buy one in .243 in a heartbeat.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom