Salmon season YAHOOOO!!!!!!

eelgrass

Long Time Member
The most generous season in years!

http://www.times-standard.com/ci_14896397?source=rss

"In the Eureka, Trinidad and Crescent City areas, sport fishermen will get to fish from May 29 through Sept. 6, which covers the three major summer holidays. They can keep two fish a day, seven days a week. The season is a drastic improvement on last year's token fishery, which was 10 days long."

Not that I like going out on the ocean, but I have a few friends who love to fish but don't like to eat them.

Now I gotta sweep the cob webs out of the smoker!

Eel

Pray for Obama. Psalm 109:8

It's on down here Steve, I hear there doing pretty good out of Santa Cruz. I'm warming my sea legs up to head out on the big blue. I'll keep you informed on my success or lack of. Jim

I am heading to Bodega Bay in a few hours...3rd trip!
santa cruz? yah right! we'll maybe I have not heard of it being on!
4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

I'm headed to Bodeag as well 2nd Saturday in a row 1 fish and a limit of crabs last week, I hope for 2 and 6 crabs for today. Either way it beats working.
Jay

2 really nice fish on had a too short netter ....lost both.
in fact we lost a lot at the net.
4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

LAST EDITED ON Apr-18-10 AT 08:05AM (MST)[p]I sure miss salmon fishing.. I'm like your friends Steve, I love going out and catching them but I don't care much to about eating salmon. I remember in the mid '90s when the salmon bite was hot launching my boat at Santa Cruz and being on the water by 6:00 am limits for all of us by 7:00 - 8:00 and than fishing for rock cod and halibut the rest of the morning.

Those were good days except for having to put up with the furbags stealing your salmon when you would get it almost to the net.

For me when it comes to eating fish you can't beat halibut or rock cod especially when you cook it the same day you catch it.

I was on a sixpack, my rod was the hot one it boated 5 out of 9 salmon and fought a therser shark for about an hour.
Jay

We might get to bang a few in the Sac Valley rivers this year.
Looks like the whole month of august.
I've got a lot of catching up to do.
Damn I miss the chrome.....

c38za.jpg

Nice chromer Thomas. That river salmon fishing gets in your blood. Good luck this year!

Eel

Pray for Obama. Psalm 109:8

From "80-88" I did most weekends in May, every weekend in June, last week of June-first week of July, and every other weekend through Labor Day. Lived in Sacto and even had a commercial license the last 5 years. A ton of fun. Almost always at Bodega but went through the Gate early too.

When i moved to "God's Country" I changed my killen habits.

And Salmon is good IF you barbaque it the day it's caught. I can't eat salmon anymore cause I was spoiled. Halibut/bottom fish/ Lings the best!!!!

I spoke on the phone to my Hunting Partner a couple days ago. He goes out the SF Bay most weekends, weather permitting, during the season and he had just returned from a run to the Farallones for salmon. Not one bite. Not shallow, not deep, bait, hardware, or plugs...nothing, no bites.

So i asked him how they did on the bottom fish. Season was closed he said. What?? i had never heard of a season on bottom fish but guess there could be... He said yep, this is California, they're going to be having a season on catfish before long...

Thought i'd share. I laughed my ass off at his catfish comment. :)

Joey

LAST EDITED ON Apr-21-10 AT 11:41PM (MST)[p]Yep...opens up again May 1st...

Not only is there a season but there is a depth limit also...I think you can fish up to 300' I believe...In other words most of the better water is off limits..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

I BELIEVE WERE LOOKIN AT MAY 15TH AND 12O FEET OR SHALLOWER.BEEN OUT THREE TIMES LOOKIN FOR SALMON THREEE ONE N ONE OUT OF SANTA CRUZ.LETS HOPE SOMETHING CHANGES.
SIMO

big NW wind is a kiss of death to fishing its the greenish water shows the up turn its (cooler water)kreel, crablarve, and other bait just disappear.
4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

In the Soquel hole, there down 250 to 300 feet deep. Guys are trolling with 400 feet of wire out to get them. I'll wait for better conditions to give it a try.

I went rock fish fishing today out of Half moon bay started looking like a good day .....about 10 am after not fish in the sack for anyone, not even a bite(full moon?) and wind is now like 40mph and guy puking to the left and jokers laughing at them on the right of me it was my turn (the 1st time ever and I was dong fine till a guy lit a smoke right in front of me!) so I blasted him with course chewed salami,fine cheese and crackers and pale ale!) then I was ok!
he was speechless!!
4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

that right there is some funny $hit!

Matt
"Opportunity is missed by most people
because its dressed in overalls
and looks like work."
Thomas Edison

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom