Salmon to Leadore

B

byron

Was wondering if anyone had some advice on hunting deer in units 29 and 30. We didn't draw any tags in the draws so we bought general Idaho tags. We have never hunted Idaho but were told to hunt the mountains from Salmon to Leadore on either side of the highway. It looks good on maps and google earth but was wondering what anyone else thought. We are not expecting to see big bucks everywhere but would like enough deer to keep it interesting. Thanks in advance for any help.

Byron

Try from Tendoy to Leadore but on the hills to the west, use to be good hunting there. Might even check into access to the MT border on the east side of that same area. It's been years since I hunted it there and not sure but seems like Wolves might have taken over in that neck of the woods.
Hopefully, someone else can give you some more current update on that area.

Brian

I hunt that area every September for elk and rarely see deer. I suppose if I focused more on deer I would probably see a few more, but there aren't many tracks either. In 8 years of hunting elk there I have seen less than 5 bucks and the largest was a 3pt.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom