Salt Lake cow moose

Flint

My 16-year-old son has a cow moose tag for the Salt Lake/Davis area. So far we've seen a couple of bulls, but no cows. We have hunted primarily the area around Mountain Dell and Little Dell Reservoirs. We've also been on Skyline Drive and in the Farmington Flats area in Davis County.

Anyone have any suggestions about other places to look? The hunt goes through the 28th. I have been told that when the rut really gets going, the moose tend to be more visible. But the rifle deer hunt will also be underway for the last two weekends.

Any help would be appreciated. I'd really like to see him fill this tag.

Last weekend, day after opener, i saw 10 cows and calves on the ridge 1/2 mile or so from the trailhead up by the pass on the same road you drive past the lakes. They were everywhere up there. send me a PM and I'll send you some cooridinates for where I saw 5 together in one bunch.

Thanks for the offers of help. He ended up tagging out east of the Mountain Dell golf course. We spent all day yesterday working to get her out. I'm a little sore today, but it was a great experience and my son was very excited.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom