salt licks??????

coueskiller

how many of you guys use salt blocks for archery coues?? is it too early to put some out or should i wait until the season is closer to being open.

Later
Geoff

It is definitely not to early. Our salt licks are stocked about 2 to 3 times a year all year long.
ArizonaGriz.

I usally try and maintain my salt licks year round. About every 3 months I go and add some more salt. Definatly not too early.

Lance

Yes, it is legal to bait or "salt" anything in the state other than bears and migratory game birds.

Bret M.

RLH, open the regulations and check it out. You may bait for anything except bear and migratory birds. I know of several guys who have feeders spitting corn for deer down here in So. AZ. Also, a few guys who put out apples for the deer. I will stick to salt licks for now.

Lance

I use watersoftener salt. It spreads over a much wider area of course than a block of salt.

hey lance, why don't you get off my case and go back to stickbow. i asked an honest question and got an honest answer. sorry i don't agree with you and you wannabe border patrolmen. it used to be against the law to bait anything but bears. sorry i don't keep up with the times and bait in animals. i still like the ol' shoe leather method.

RLH, no harm intended. I thought I was helping explain your question. The regulations have stated for several years that you may not bait for Bears or Migratory birds. All other species were left out of this ban. They do not come out and say you may bait for anything, but like many others I called G&F and asked the question. Their reply is, that is legal to bait for anything except bears and migratory birds. They said they never put anything in the regulations about baiting for other animals in AZ, is because they didn't realize that people were actually doing it. But for now, it is legal. Bait is one thing, but I would tend to think that salt would not be considered bait, just my opinion. Hope this helps.

P.S. I have never owned a stickbow or shot one, so I dont know what you are referring to?

Lance

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom