Same buck or same Genetics?

Idahoshedhead

I found the brown this last weekend and the white last year and it was a couple years old. I found them within a half a mile from each other and they match up really well. Just curious what you guys think. Sorry its a cell phone pic

2181imag0056.jpg

I would say same genetics just because the white one was a couple years old and that size already ..... but you never know with these critters pretty cool to see those fresh sheds gets you thinking about hitting the hills soon.

this would be a different story if it was the same side and the older horn was clean with the fresh horn having extras... Im gonna go out on a limb and say same pile of beans but a differnt buck.

Team_UNC

Close, but I think it's two different bucks. The burr should tell you for sure. The brown looks pretty round and consistant, while the white has more of a jagged burr. I think burrs are extremely consistant on the same buck year after year unless they break a chunk off or throw out a burr point. You could post some close up pics of the bases and see what everyone else thinks.

great sheds man, congrats.

I agree with yoyak the burrs look too different and deer seldom change from the brow-tine down. Could be brothers though as the tops are so similar.

+1 on the burrs. I have several sheds from the same buck from different years and they have almost identical burrs. I'd say same genetics.

I would also have to say that it is the same buck. Like madmax88 said I have seen were bucks lose extras as they age, I also have seen were bucks gain mass and loose length. Since that brownie looks heavier and so exact to the other as far as main frame, I would definetley say same buck especially if they were only found 1/2 mile from another. Awesome horn go find that other side.

>Same buck. I have watched several
>bucks loose their extras with
>age.

What??? That is actually backassedward from what Ive seen aslong as Ive been looking at bucks and picking up horns. In my experience of seeing bucks mature they almost always add mass and trash out. As a deer matures the general structure will stay the same, they get bigger and will continue to grow untill 7-9 years old. And as stated the bur stays consistant.
Team_UNC

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom