San Gregorio Lake?

landop

Just wondering if anybody has been up there lately. Snow melt? Road condition to trailhead? lake frozen over? Was thinking about hiking in for some fishing on April 1st. Try and start this license year off right!

LAST EDITED ON Mar-30-12 AT 06:12PM (MST)[p]I went thru Cuba last week and did not see much snow up in the Parks area.I'd call the FS office and find out if 126 is open.Just checked w/NM roads and it shows 126 open. But I'd find out w/FS.

talked to my friend from cuba on thursday and he said it was still bad up there actually glad im going down south for the opener they are 13 pct above normal

Thanks for the replies. I called the cuba station after all, and the gentleman I talked to said there was still quite a bit of snow, and the roads are pretty nasty.

I went up to my families cabin this weekend and decided to try to head up to San Gregorio to do a little fishing.The roads were really bad and I was stopped just past the main turnoff because of the snowdrifts. The streams were running high and snow was melting off quick.So it still might be a few weeks till the roads open up.

I did hear from a buddy who cousins live in Cuba that the ice fishing was really good this last winter.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom