San Juan Bear

MTQuivers

Hey Everyone, I drew a San Juan Bear tag and it starts Saturday. I live in Lehi and San Juan is one of the few places I have never been hunting. I plan on doing spot and stalk for bears but I am not opposed to using dogs if someone with dogs wants to go down there. I just wanted to see what people think about spot and stalk. Is it doable down there? Are there enough bears to get one that way. I have killed 3 bears. One with bait with my bow in Idaho. One with Dogs in Idaho with my bow and one spot and stalk with a rifle. I would really like to spot and stalk one with a bow and would take a medium sized bear on a spot and stalk with a bow. Is that unrealistic? I will have a rifle as a back up as well. I have heard reports of guys seeing lots of bears down there. Any help is appreciated.

Jason Yates
http://www.BasinArcheryShop.com
5% OFF to all MonsterMuleys.com Members!
Discount code = monstermuleys

I'm going to have to say that the majority of the bear are not out yet. Based off previous years i would wait till later this month to expect to see very many bears to spot n stalk. I have not seen a bear track yet on the lasals, not to say i get everywhere on that hill but i get around enough to see when they start to show up. So I would expect the San juan to be similar in that aspect. keep after it and you will find a bear.

Bears are already out down here. We had a very light snow pack with some people that ran into a bear just before new years when they were chasing lions and a bear went up a tree. I think you could be successful with the spot and stalk but remember it is hunting so it might be hard also. PM me if you need more info.

Hey give jay simons a call from high top outfitters we have 3 guys going down on the 18th through 22nd and see what they can do for you i think they are just going to get the dogs heated up i have a boulder tag and went out today no strikes but hopefully things will heat up here soon go to our website and you can find his number there or you can call me at 1435 979 7227 and i will help you with info

"it does'nt matter what kind of boots your wearing, its where those boots take you that matters most."
Steve Pollock rip you will be missed

www.hightopoutfitters.com

did you get your bear?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom