San Juan late elk hunt

LIK2HNT

Long Time Member
I just got a call from fish & game saying that I was next in line for this hunt if I want the tag. With work going full speed and grape harvest being a few weeks late I am not even sure I can get vacation time. If I can only get 4 or 5 days off can I do this hunt justice with little time to research? Is anyone willing to help with some general areas to start?

Thanks
Bill

Earlier this year, I spoke with an outfitter who guides the San Juan. He told me to stay away from the late hunt unless I want to shoot a 330 bull. Apparently, it is not one of the better late hunts in Utah. That is all I know, good luck if you decide to take the tag.

It a hard hunt because the rut is done and the big ones find a remote spot and start trying to put some weight back on, and you will find alot of bulls busted up at this time. If you find a herd the bull you are looking for isn't with them he's by his self somewhere else. BUT the elk are still there they haven't went on vacation. They will be in a dark nasty spots and hard to get to.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom