$$San Juan SFW Banquet$$

BLACK_PREDATOR

It seemed to be a successful night at the San Juan SFW banquet in Blanding on friday night.
Results are
San Juan elk tag $29,000
San Juan elk tag $33,000
San Juan elkridge deer tag, $4,100
And a new record for a San Juan BEAR $6,200!!!! yes that's right $6,200!!
Good job to the local chapter and those that put on the banquet.

good thing we finally got some snow down here the last few days to help with the antler growth.

Travis

The San Juan Elk tag went for $36,000 at the Price, Utah Sportsmens For the Wealthy banquet on Saturday.

$6200 for a San Juan Bear tag, WOW. Makes my $80 I spent last year seem like a bargin.

"Utah Sportsmens For the Wealthy" You got that right... when the first started I joined. Then I got priced out of the market. Then they took tags from the general public for their sportsman show. I've had a gut full of them....

Travis,

Just curious...do you stand to make some money of the sale of these tags? A lot of people see those numbers as disgusting...i am trying to figure out why you are so excited about them?

Could it be that you are hoping to get some $$$San Juan SFW$$$ for guiding or assisting the guides on these hunts???

Please advise,

RPinenut

I really dont see how anybody could be disgusted by the amount of money that these type of tags bring in. $40,000 for one elk is awesome, do you realize how much money that saves the DNR? Not only do they make $40,000 from one tag, but they save thousands more on paper work. These type of tags are awesome for all involved, except of course the people who dont have the money to play but they should be used to being left out of the game by now anyway....

LAST EDITED ON Mar-14-06 AT 07:07PM (MST)[p]Pnut

For the record, (if it is any of your business), no one that we were bidding for was in the game. Further, no outfitter or individual is allowed to make money off a conservation permit. They may however charge a guiding/outfitting fee if the indvidual who purchases the permit wishes to hire some one for their services.

Also you stated "i am trying to figure out why you are so excited about them?" Where did that come from, the word excite or excitment wasn't used in the original post or anywhere even implied that I can see. Just curious.

Please advise....

Todd Black
BTO

Dang,

I was after that bear tag but my $92 dollar bid fell a bit short. :-(

I need to get the wife another job I guess. That damn Circle K isn't payin' her half what she's worth. Then she's too wore out to cook and clean around here like I need her to.

I used to rant and rave about all the high dollar guys getting everything, but it doesn't do any good so I decided if I can't lick 'em I'll join 'em.

Soon as my movie deal comes through and my agent secures this record deal, I'll be rolling in it and then watch out when my posse shows up at the Blanding banquet, with the gold chains, low riders and the wads of $100's.

Unless that obnoxious Tom Cruise shows up and starts scoopin' up tags I'm gonna clean house on that place. Just need these deals to go through.

But Hollywood is a fickle place even for a guy with da skillz I gots. I got game dammit... I'll be back next year, money and posse in hand!!! That bear tag will be mine and so will the Colorado Squawfish tag. $$$$$Mac Daddy Dawg$$$$$

Todd,

I assume you are family with the Travis who posted the original post...co-operators of BTO?

Let me see if i understand something...does the phrase "no one we were bidding for was in the game" refer to that you did indeed have clients who were interested in purchasing a SJ bull tag? Your guy(s) just didnt get the tags because who knows who bid them above your guy(s) max bid?

If i am correct than BTO stood to make money off of the selling of "conservation tags". If your guy(s) had won the bid they would have then paid your outfitting group many thousands of $$$ to guide them. I am sorry that none of your guys got a tag...but i am sure the added publicity from the $$$ amount of the tag sales in your unit will possibly benefit BTO...perhaps explaining why your organization rushed to put the $$$ amount on MM.

Trust me I get that you or hopefully no one else pockets $$$ directly from the sale of these tags. I do however get that there are 10-20 people making many thousands of dollars (and some people tens of thousands of dollars) that they would not be making each year if these tags were all put into the regular draw (I am sure you could recite the list of names better than i can). If you have never guided a hunter that has purchased an auction tag i apologize for the wording of my original post...if you have however i think i have justified my suspicion as to why i think your group was excited by the sale of the tags. It is through the hiring of guides and paying of finders fee's that some of the ranking members of MDF, SFW, etc. get their portion of the cash cow that Utah's auction tags have become.

Lastly, I used the phrase excited in my first post because i felt like Travis was, well, excited about the dollar amounts the tags went for. Perhaps the posting of an original post titled "$$San Juan SFW Banquet$$" which contained several "!!!" led me to feel that way. I dont think many people jump on the internet and write something like that just because.

-RPinenut

PS...check out the post started by TFinalshot in the mule deer forum if you havent already...there are more of my thoughts about auction tags contained within as well as many other better written thoughts about them posted by others. Will you please provide your thoughts about the tags (from an outfitters perspective).

Please Pinecone.

You?re just not making any sense!! If you only knew what Travis and Todd did for the elk, deer and the Utah hunters!! IF they make money I will say it is not enough! It is what ya don't know. That and they are not Banana?s in Monkey cages for your entertainment!! Hats off to ya Todd and Travis. Keep up the good work. Hope one of them hunters went your way!!

Rut

Pnut

Correct on your first assumption Travis and I are brothers.

Personally I really don't care about your thoughts or other post on MM. What I care is about personal attacks. I care about are your allegations and your misinformed uneducated comments. You must be a democrate and work for the liberal press as it would appear all you know how to do is make contensious accusations to stir the pot--but it just comes down to you being Pnut green with envy. I know people such as your self, you sit at home all day thinking about all the bad apples the world and the working man has thrown your way and what your going to do to make it better like getting on MM and spewing all your BS. Keep up the good work though, folks like you always bring a smile to my face:)

Todd Black
BTO

BTO

Please be specific about which parts of my comments are misinformed...i would like to know. There are a bunch of other people out there that are very curious as well.

I actually dont work for the press...i have a regular old job and love hunting/scouting/shed hunting/ etc. just as much as you. I dont think i said anything that was a personal attack...your group just happened to make a post about auction tags for your unit in the middle of the discuss on TFinal's post...so i thought i would try to get your thoughts about them.

I apologize if i said something to get you that worked up but please tell me if you think there are too few, just right or too many auction tags in Utah. I dont care about your character (I am sure you are a good guy, most outfitters i am in contact with are), i just am curious about your opinion on Utah's auction tags.

Lastly, thank you for acknowledging my successful stirring of the pot on this issue...there is a pot that needs to be stirred.

-RPinenut

Todd,
I rarely post anything, but I had to post after I read that you are concerned with "personal attacks." I have been personally attacked by Travis on this forum with absolutely no provocation. Here is a link to the posts for proof:

http://www.monstermuleys.info/cgi-b...w_thread&om=3518&forum=DCForumID7&archive=yes

I posted about my father-in-law and his 20 years of experience on the San Juan unit and I was immediately called a liar by Travis. I know of several people who are very unhappy with BTO for reasons just like this. I would be careful how you guys act and the way that you treat people on this forum, it reflects on the your business in a big way. I have no hard feelings but a little more professionalism doesn't hurt, especially coming from someone who works for hunters.

Jared Teter, Ph.D.
www.teterhorn.com

Wow, I leave town for a few days and this post becomes hot.

Let me take some time to answer questions and to just clear the air,
I did attend the SFW banquet on Friday night and was able to squeeze in a bid or two on a tag or two before I was highly out bided. I did not make the post for any financial gain in mind; I simply posted what I thought were some great results for some great conservation tags, that I think set some new records for San Juan tags and banquets. Once again good job to the local members for putting on a great banquet.

I knew nothing of and still haven't read any other posts by any other people on MM concerning conservation tags. So I didn't mean to throw a bunch of !!!! towards any other arguments that were going on.

I, like teterhorn, rarely make a post on MM, I have been on here for about 5 years and haven't cleared 200 posts yet.

Normally I only comment about something in the San Juan/Elkridge area, because that is what I am comfortable with.

Just for the record pinenut, I would say over the last 6 years, that 99% of the hunters that BTO has helped have drawn their tags, not bought conservation tags. If you have ever seen any of our shows or video, then you would have noticed that the majority of our hunts are about the common Joe, that spends a lifetime putting in for a great tag, finally draws, and hopefully has a great hunt and story to tell when it's all said and done.

Pinenut we are by no means making thousands or ten of thousands of dollars each year, others might be, but we are not, we too all have day jobs, I myself work with foster kids and love it.

Teterhorn, I apologized almost two years ago for starting any crap about you or your dad, and I will apologize again if it will make your grudge towards us any better. I don't believe that I ever specifically called you a "liar". I know that sometimes I come across as cocky or arrogant when I speak of the San Juan area, if I rub someone the wrong way once in a while, I guess I'll have to live with it.

I do not doubt that people can get to know other units many miles away from where they live, but I don't think that even Heath, whom I live a block away from and greatly respect for his guiding/hunting knowledge of the San Juan unit would ever claim to know "every road, mountain, canyon, and wash in the unit" nor would I.

I do feel if someone really wants to get to know us, then not only should they speak with us in person, but also talk to our past hunters, many of who's references and phone #'s are listed on our website. I think for every bad apple you find against BTO, you will find dozens more that are in favor with us and what we are trying to help hunters do, and what we are doing to help wildlife in general.

I will gladly comment or answer any other questions that anyone might have about these matters.
Thanks

Travis
BTO
Blanding, UT.

Travis / Todd,
Not to get too much off the subject, but I have a question for you guys:
I have enjoyed all of your shows/hunts on "Trail of the Sportsman" (Men's Channel)down on the San Juan, but with this new season of "Trail of the Sportsman" it appears that Don Mecham has teamed up with Mossback guides and outfitters, at least on the elk hunts that I have seen thus far on the show.

Did Don Mecham end his relationship with you guys or will there be future shows with you guys hunting elk on San Juan? I will miss the shows if that is the case. Are you planning on other shows to get your hunts televised?

Give us the scoop if you can.

Thanks,
Cory

Cory, glad you liked our shows.

long story short,...we will not have future shows with Don on trail of the sportsman, we will however have new shows airing this Oct. on the sportsmans channel under Reel Outdoors Hunting. And hopefully later on the mens channel, as well as our own video sometime.

stay tuned...

Travis

Travis,
I appreciate very much the apology and I have never had hard feelings, I guess I was more annoyed than anything. I am sure we will see you or your brothers down there sometime soon. I am glad we could clear the air.

Jared Teter, Ph.D.
www.teterhorn.com

Good hell Black_Predator,

I leave this site for a couple of months/years (mostly to get away from that *&$#^$ KTC)and I come back to find you guys apologizing to each other? What the ****?

I can see you boys need to re-take the Hounding 101 course.

For example, instead of "I apologize, it didn't come out like I wanted it to and that's not what I meant" ... you would say:

"Pound sand you &$^%#%@!"

And instead of, "It's really none of your business but let me clarify and explain anyway"... you would say something like, "It's really none of your business so get bent."

Instead of "I'm sorry" always use something like "You're a ****"

And never say stuff like "I think you took what I said out of context." Use things like, "Pucker up and smooch this!"

Rule #1 - You never have to explain yourself

Rule #2 - If you choose to use lots of profanity, name calling and make sure you offend someone. The mo the betta.

Rule #3 - If that fails, racial slurs and more name calling is always a good plan B.

But all this apologizing and hugging and warm fuzzies... hell, I think you boys are on the wrong site. You're looking for:

www.oprah.com

Enjoy. P.S. I've met a few of those Black boys and they are pretty good eggs. They're welcome to reach into my cooler and pull one out anyday. And I like their movies. Well, gotta run back to the hound site. Some new kid showed up and asked a question about training dogs. I gotta go tell him no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid &^%#%$@'s asking them.

Jr.,

Kiss my%*^$. You fudge packin &$^&. If I want any comments from a ^($%^ worthless Greek hound lovin &#$^ I will ask. Otherwise keep your %#&^% ideas to yourself &*$@#%!

Come back Jr. this site is all about brotherly love and family fun.

arrowhunter were you at the banquet friday evening how did it go who ended up with the tag's. are there any big bull's left on the unit after last year's hunt's peace out

JRC,

Ya I was there, I was sitting next to the guy who couldn't keep his hand down, I think he thought that if he just kept raising his hand everyone else would get tired and they would just sell the tags to him. I guess it worked, I hope there is still a 320 bull down there for the to make the 62G he spent worth it.

Arrow

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom