San Rafeal North Archery Antelope

S

stevenclarkslc

Antelope hunting has become one of my most looked forward to hunts of the year. I have hunted antelope in Wyoming with my bow before but with alot of close calls but never success. When I drew this tag, I was really excited to hunt one of the better areas in the state but knew that I had a slim chance of being successful.
I spotted this buck while driving down the highway and after a long sneak down a wash. I had to wait for a group of does to feed over a hill above the wash that I was sneak down so that I could get a look at a spot that was out of view. I peaked my head out of the wash and was shocked to see his horns sticking above a bush 30 yards away. I drew my bow and had to re adjust my stance so my bow wasny hitting the bank, I wistled and wistled and finally the buck stood up and I was able to make my shot. My first shot unfortunatly was far back and a second sneak and shot was required to put the buck down. I was stoked to kill such a good buck and my bow!

2803img_0619.jpg

45img_0612.jpg

8477img_0748.jpg

Because it was so hot that day, I was rushing to get the meat cooled as best I could. I loaded in my subaru on a tarp and packed bags of ice in and aroudn the buck to cool it and drove home to Salt Lake.

My Subaru may never smell the same.
6464img_4979.jpg

Congrats on a awesome archery antelope! You should have drove straight up big cottonwood and showed all the other subaru owners what potential their cars have!!!!

smell??? everytime you smell it you will remember your hunt...

How to start an argument online:
1. Express an opinion
2. Wait

Oh man a hot stinky goat that might have gotten hit in the paunch - yep, you better put that car on craigs list.

Congrats on the goat, that is great!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom