SANJUAN BEARS!!!!

feduptwo

I drew a Sanjuan bear tag, its one of the only two non-resident tags. I picked archery so I can bait or use dogs. Wondering what you guys that have hunted this area or have knowledge think. Thanks for any input.
Eric

How many points did you have? I had 4, but didnt draw.

Congrats...you suck. LOL

Congrats!!

You drew a sweet bear tag dude!! My buddy has extensive experience on that unit and has hours or video of bears caught down there.

I sent you a PM and an email. I'll hook you up with him and he can tell you anything you need to know. Congrats on the tag!!

We all struck out, except for one buddies wife that picked up a spring tag on that unit.

Spring or Fall? Our group drew 1 of each. So We will be down there if you need some help. I know the unit very well, Its a good unit. We have killed at least 10 bear off the San Juan. [email protected]

Luck was definately on my side as I am the other non-resident that drew the San Juan bear tag, and I only had 1 point! Anybody got any general suggestions that may help me? Any recomendations for outfitters or just general information on areas that are good? I am very excited about this hunt and already have a full week scheduled off in May. This will be my first bear if I am lucky enough to fill my tag!

Hey Wyo,

Congrats!! My buddy will be down there most of the spring hunting and he would be able to give you any advice and help you out.

Shoot me a PM on here and I can get you a phone number and he can tell you whatever you need to know about the unit and what to expect.

Congrats!!

Been a LOONG time, gentlemen!

After 8 years, I finally drew a tag as well. I'm getting ready to go down this weekend, and have a couple of places picked out to start (based on maps and common sense only).

If anybody could give me some ideas for additional areas to focus on, I sure would appreciate it! Advanced thanks, guys.

Buck

Buck,

The snow is still pretty bad down there and access is very limited right now.

Shoot me an email and I can give you some ideas on where to hunt, etc...

[email protected]

Happy to help!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom