satellite phones

stevie

I also learned during this past weekend's scouting trip that I will be miles from any cell phone service. Any recommendations on a place to rent a satellite phone in case of an emergency? I live in El Paso.

Google Iridium satellite phone.
Took one to AK in 2011.
Got one coming for an Idaho trip next week.

Took your suggestion Evil NR. Found a place that can rent me one for a week for $98. Might be the best hundred bucks I ever spend.

I rented own before for a gila wilderness hunt. Never needed for an emergency, but for peace of mind it was well worth it. Also it is nice to check in with family for $1/minute.

Gotta say for all that cost, think about a good ol' amateur radio license.

No morse code anymore, one simple test of 30 questions. Good for 10 years. You can get a cheap handheld for 1/3 of what you pay to rent the phone. NM has one of the best linked repeater systems available across it. Getting into one of those goes across the state. www.nm5ml.com

>Gotta say for all that cost,
>think about a good ol'
>amateur radio license.
>
>No morse code anymore, one simple
>test of 30 questions. Good
>for 10 years. You can
>get a cheap handheld for
>1/3 of what you pay
>to rent the phone. NM
>has one of the best
>linked repeater systems available across
>it. Getting into one of
>those goes across the state.
>www.nm5ml.com

Thanks Rainer I'm going to check into this.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom