Scammer Alert

LoveBigRacks

Username: DDT232

This person is very highly likely - in my judgement - to be a scammer advertising Swaro optics on this site. They DM'd me about a Swaro spotter, sent pictures which I later discovered were posted by a different user on Rokslide in January (I believe the scammer hi-jacked the photos). They are advertising a pair of Swaro 12x50 ELs currently on here in the classifieds, with a different phone number than he used with me. Buyers be warned.

I had the same thing happen yesterday on a pair of Swaro 10x42's. I have a post in the Optics section looking for a better a set. He texted me pics but you can just tell by his language that it was a scammer.

I've only had positive buying / selling experiences on MM for many years, this was a first. Good reminder to fully vet any potential purchase on the secondary market, there are a**holes out there and the internet makes it easy for them to operate from virtually anywhere.

Other red flags with this guy:

Reverse image search on google turned up the archived Rokslide thread with the same pictures.
Scammer use the exact same wording included in the original Rokslide post.
Seller could not provide other online accounts to establish their identity (LinkedIn, Instagram, other forum profiles)
One text message received at 2:15AM.
Heavy accent; some people have those and I don't judge them solely on that basis but this guys accent didn't match the "white guy forearm" in the photos of the spotter he sent.

Stay frosty guys.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom